What's the best deal you've ever bought something for? (Famicom included)

Started by FamicomLass, April 13, 2019, 01:37:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomLass

I'm quite new to collecting but so far I've still gotten some pretty good deals.
Yesterday, I won an auction for an ASCII Super L5 controller for $0.01, which I've seen usually going for around $30 to $60 and sometimes even up to $100.

FAMICOM_87

On ebay I bouth 2 famicoms for 1us dollar each, and in flee seal in my city I found EU NES one pad AC adaptor RF cable kung-fu and Mario 3 all this for 2 euros  8)  ;D  :star:

senseiman

I paid 100 Yen (about 1$ US) for a CIB copy of Gimmick once.  That was almost a decade ago when you could still find insane deals on Famicom games in recycle shops in Japan!  I miss those days so much.

FamicomLass

Quote from: senseiman on April 18, 2019, 11:28:14 pm
I paid 100 Yen (about 1$ US) for a CIB copy of Gimmick once.  That was almost a decade ago when you could still find insane deals on Famicom games in recycle shops in Japan!  I miss those days so much.

Awesome. I wish I could find a CIB Gimmick for 100円. Or even just a Gimmick at all for 100円 for that matter.

latedep31

Famicom-wise: I bought a copy of Crisis Force for $40 a couple of years ago. Recently, paid $40 for 17 games, 7 being CIB, and one of the loose carts was Family School.

NES: I went to a neighbor's yard sale and bought about 50 CIB games for $30. One of those being a really nice copy of Shatterhand. This was about 11 years ago.

Yelir

Quote from: senseiman on April 18, 2019, 11:28:14 pm

Does that mean you're finally ready to sell it for double what you paid?  :-*

My favorite scoop has probably been a loose copy of Recca, that was roughly $27 if you account for lot price per unit on a bundle of ~15 games or so.  :redcart:

jpx72

I have bought NEW+CIB Sonic Blast for Sega Master System for $88 shipped from Brazil. You guys probably don't know this game much, but it's very hard to get since it was only sold in South America, and the prices nowadays can go up to $500.
Not to be confused with the common title "Sonic 3D Blast" for Megadrive ;)

nintendodork

My best video game find was a CIB copy of Earthbound that I got on amazon for $100 in like 2006. Considering the prices it commands now, I figure it's a good investment.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Jedi Master Baiter

I bought a CIB Bomberman 64: Second Attack on eBay 12 years ago for about $80.

Not quite as pricey as Earthbound, but it's still pretty impressive.

Triple Dash

Probably Mighty Final Fight NES for $25, I was shocked to see it triple in price a half year (~2011) after I bought it.

L___E___T

I got several arcade games for £300 by a very generous friend.  I sold one for £150, the other for £300 and kept the remaining two, which are worth probably £350 in unison...

So I ended up gaining money out of this deal and getting two very desirable CPS2 arcade boards out of it as well, for free basically even after that.  Like I said, very generous!

The person that gave me these was and still is a legend to me.  Oh, I forgot there was a supergun (converts JAMMA signal to RGB scart) included with two controllers as well! 
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Yelir

Quote from: L___E___T on May 22, 2019, 02:36:22 pm

I got several arcade games for £300 by a very generous friend.  I sold one for £150, the other for £300 and kept the remaining two, which are worth probably £350 in unison...

So I ended up gaining money out of this deal and getting two very desirable CPS2 arcade boards out of it as well, for free basically even after that.  Like I said, very generous!

The person that gave me these was and still is a legend to me.  Oh, I forgot there was a supergun (converts JAMMA signal to RGB scart) included with two controllers as well! 

But what were the games?  :bub:

L___E___T

They were:
Super Street Fighter 2X (CPS2 A+B JP board)
Vampire (CPS2)
Tekken 3 NIB (complete Namco distributed kit)
Ghouls N Ghosts (CPS1 US board mint)

Out of this batch the Ghouls N Ghosts was the best find because it was in immaculate original condition - hard to find as most of them apparently got converted to SF2 back in the day by swapping out the ROMs.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

pxlbluejay

I got a fake PSP for 2 bucks and a Famicom+Mahjong cart for $15.
I thought a Famicom for $15 was a good deal until I read this thread...(hey, that rhymes!)
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

FAMICOM_87

from a fly market I fond years ago Mega Man 4, and 5 EU region in fantastic condition
0.50 euro  :coin: for MM4   :redcart: and 1 euro :coin: for MM5  :redcart:  :crazy:  ;D :D