Replacing Sharp Twin controller cables

Started by daskrabs, April 29, 2019, 09:37:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

daskrabs

What type of cable would someone use if they wanted to replace the short stock controller cables in the Sharp Twin Famicom? I'd like to preserve the mic functionality in controller 2 if possible, so I guess I'm looking for cables with 6 conductor wires. Otherwise, I'm aware that NES or NES extension cables are good candidates. I'm looking to keep them hard wired as opposed to soldering in NES ports. I'm trying to find bulk black stranded 6-conductor 20-24awg cable in the US but not having much luck.

P

Americans seems to use Digikey to search for such things. The connector head is standard 2.54 mm male connector with clip on Famicom, I think they are the same on Twin.

Pikkon

I replaced the controller cords on my famicom but I used cords from broken ps2 controller's as they have more than enough wires.

daskrabs

Quote from: Pikkon on April 30, 2019, 06:46:21 am
I replaced the controller cords on my famicom but I used cords from broken ps2 controller's as they have more than enough wires.

Any issues getting the cable to fit thru the controller opening?

Pikkon

Cable fit fine,don't own a twin fami but I would think it would be the same or pretty close.