Famicom 3D glasses

Started by keki, May 27, 2019, 03:34:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

keki

I recently bought the Famicom 3D glasses but it seems one shutter (on the left side) doesn't work.
The one on the right flickers so I guess that's normal. Is there anyway to fix this?

PatMan33

Could be a bad contact for the "display" on the left lens.

Asking others out there: do you think the "toaster method" that works on a Virtual Boy would solve this?

boye

Quote from: PatMan33 on May 30, 2019, 01:51:33 pm
Asking others out there: do you think the "toaster method" that works on a Virtual Boy would solve this?

That would be a resounding no.
You should never, ever, ever put a VB or a FC3DS in the oven.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

P

Yeah especially if you don't know the problem.

The reason you put a VB in the oven is to melt the adhesive that holds the ribbon cable connection between PCB and LED array.
But the better solution is to solder the connections on VB.

If it's a cracked solder point you need to resolder it. I'd test the connections.

PatMan33

Knew I'd get a good response with that one hahahahha

Keki it looks like you got a decent response from user P. You should consider their advice.

Though if you want to toast some plastic, I would suggest the "broil" setting with a good slathering of barbecue sauce. Looking for suggestions for suitable sides.

boye

How about some FDS disks on the side? They're great with onions!
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.