Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2019, 02:06:53 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Kaettekita Mario Bros. with different title screen?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Kaettekita Mario Bros. with different title screen?  (Read 1052 times)
adori_12
Famicom
Mexico Mexico

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2019, 01:32:06 AM »

I was searching for the actual instruction manual for the game, in hopes of the image being taken from there, but I barely found anything related to how this game was given to you once you wrote a disk with it (BTW, does anyone know what a "CIB" copy of Kaettekita Mario Bros. looks like? There's not even a single copy like that on eBay, and I don't think the disk came exactly how it is being sold right now.)
There are only two flyers: One just advertising the promotional event of the game, and the other shows actual screenshots and descriptions of how to play, characters and name input, among other things ( this one looks a lot more like a proper instruction manual, but it's being referred to as an "advertisement flyer" so I'll just go with that).
Take a closer look at the title screen photo, and it looks exactly as the final released version does.
So that at least confirms that the pic was not taken from an instruction booklet or a flyer ( unless someone provides pics of a CIB copy with a different instruction manual), leaving us with the way more likely magazine possibility.
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2019, 07:38:37 AM »

No matter how you look at it, that's the fold-out manual that comes with disk writer versions of games, not an advertisement flier. And screenshots are black & white.

togemet2
Disk System

HVC-001

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2019, 08:54:03 AM »

There is no complete in box versions. It was a game distributed through Disk Writer only.  Roll Eyes
boye
Disk System
United States United States

The Famicom is a microwave. Don't @ me.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »

Kind of odd, especially every other Disk Writer game had a physical release AFAIK.

adori_12
Famicom
Mexico Mexico

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2019, 01:29:05 PM »

There were more games that were Disk Writer exclusives, not only this one, such as Eggerland: Souzou he no Tabidachi and Welcome to Clu Clu Land (or Clu Clu Land D). There are lists here that show how many of them existed.
I just took a look at the Eggerland Disk Writer manual, and it's very similar to this one, so this one is indeed a foldout manual. I did know that's how foldout manuals look like, I just was confused because the site from where I took it said it was an advertisement flyer.
As for the screenshots being black and white, that's not what I was pointing out, I said they are identical to the final game, which confirms that the photo wasn't taken from here.
boye
Disk System
United States United States

The Famicom is a microwave. Don't @ me.

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 02:47:34 PM »

Maybe it was from some sort of ad? (TV or otherwise)

P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 10:37:12 PM »

Yeah well even if this one is black & white they could still both be from the same source. But they apparently aren't.

The list sticky has some related lists (probably incomplete):
List of Disk Writer games (DW exclusives marked)
List of fold-out manuals

adori_12
Famicom
Mexico Mexico

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2019, 02:25:42 PM »

Maybe it was from some sort of ad? (TV or otherwise)
From what I've seen, this game barely got any advertising, and if it did it was just because of the Mario 3 Nagatanien special event; had it been just an enhanced version of Mario Bros. with no advertising, I think it would've faded into obscurity just like Vs. Excitebike and Welcome to Clu Clu Land did.
That being said, it's pretty likely that magazines at the time covered the game, but I don't know much about Japanese game magazines, so I don't know where to start searching.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: