March 28, 2024, 11:41:29 am

Nintendo Direct E3 2019

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, June 11, 2019, 07:54:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Did anyone watch this? I was simultaneously happy and sad to see that Super Mario Maker 2 will not only be 2 players, but 4! Happy that we finally get a 2-player SMB-like experience ;D, sad that my in-progress fan game may not be unique anymore. :-\

I even made a commercial.

Protoman

It was a good E3 for fans of japanese/retro-based stuff I think, Seiken Densetsu 3 is getting remade AND translated in a collection, PSO2 is coming west, No More Heroes 3, Limited Run doing a bunch of stuff physical now(Blaster Master Zero!) Panzer Dragoon, Contra and Banjo in Smash (also Battletoads).

In non-retro-y stuff, I liked how Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order looked. Doesn't look as good as a true sequel to Jedi Outcast or Jedi Academy(my favorites) would, but it's at least much better than Force Unleashed(a lightsaber is NOT a bat!)

L___E___T

I was hoping for a new Switch model announce - guess it comes later in the year.  Nothing really resonated with me so much this year other than Cyberpunk (again) and the new Smash characters.  Rest was all meh.  I feel sad.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

Has Nintendo not fixed the docking issue?

L___E___T

That early scraping issue from launch yes I believe so - I'm talking about a full revision model though.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

I personally don't hope for an upgraded Switch version just yet. It's too early, games are still just coming out for it.

How was the dock scraping issue fixed? Looking at separately sold docks they look the same as the launch one to me.

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on June 11, 2019, 07:54:19 pm
I even made a commercial.

It was funny. Is the voice from a VS SMB CM? I can't find the original on youtube.