Kaettekita Mario Bros. with different title screen?

Started by adori_12, May 15, 2019, 09:33:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boye

Kind of odd, especially every other Disk Writer game had a physical release AFAIK.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

adori_12

There were more games that were Disk Writer exclusives, not only this one, such as Eggerland: Souzou he no Tabidachi and Welcome to Clu Clu Land (or Clu Clu Land D). There are lists here that show how many of them existed.
I just took a look at the Eggerland Disk Writer manual, and it's very similar to this one, so this one is indeed a foldout manual. I did know that's how foldout manuals look like, I just was confused because the site from where I took it said it was an advertisement flyer.
As for the screenshots being black and white, that's not what I was pointing out, I said they are identical to the final game, which confirms that the photo wasn't taken from here.
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

boye

Maybe it was from some sort of ad? (TV or otherwise)
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

P

Yeah well even if this one is black & white they could still both be from the same source. But they apparently aren't.

The list sticky has some related lists (probably incomplete):
List of Disk Writer games (DW exclusives marked)
List of fold-out manuals

adori_12

Quote from: boye on June 18, 2019, 08:47:34 am
Maybe it was from some sort of ad? (TV or otherwise)

From what I've seen, this game barely got any advertising, and if it did it was just because of the Mario 3 Nagatanien special event; had it been just an enhanced version of Mario Bros. with no advertising, I think it would've faded into obscurity just like Vs. Excitebike and Welcome to Clu Clu Land did.
That being said, it's pretty likely that magazines at the time covered the game, but I don't know much about Japanese game magazines, so I don't know where to start searching.
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.