FDS Stick: Writing to Disk Issues

Started by BinBowie, July 22, 2019, 01:30:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BinBowie

So a few weeks ago I got a modded FDS (3206 full mod v3) in the mail that I ordered from ToToTEK. The main reason I got it was for the function to rewrite Famicom Disks. I've been using the FDSStick to achieve this.

The thing is when I write to the disks they boot up fine on my modded FDS, but when I try to run the rewritten disks in my non-modded FDS inside of my Twin Famicom, I keep running into "Disk Trouble ERR.22", though it plays disks I haven't rewritten completely fine so it doesn't seem to be a fault of my non-modded TFC FDS.

I'm not sure what the problem is but I thought this would be a great place to ask...

Could it be the modded drive itself and how it writes not allowing the disks to be played on non-modded Disk Systems?
Is it the homemade wire I made to connect the Disk System to my computer? (I kind of doubt this as it writes to the disks fine and they can be read via the modded FDS. )
...Or can it be a fault of the FDSstick itself?

ericj

This is a common issue when rewriting disks. It's a difference in the way the drives are adjusted.

P

This is why rewriting disks aren't recommended unless there's no other way. For example if the disk doesn't read on any (correctly adjusted) drive anyway.

If it's possible to adjust a disk drive so that it can write disks that works on all other drives, then nobody seems to know how to do it.