Famicom RF shield

Started by pxlbluejay, August 07, 2019, 07:57:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pxlbluejay

A few days ago, I took my Famicom apart to "bathe" it. Well, the console and most of the motherboard turned out better than before, but I made the second controller worse while trying to fix it with superglue. Anyways, I can see a ton of gross stuff inside the rf shield, and I can't seem to take the part apart. The original 1983 version of the motherboard with the RF shield linked to the motherboard by some sort of ribbon cable that I saw on YouTube seems to have a shield that is held together by phillips screws, but mine is the 1989 version with the RF box is is stuck on top of the board, and the shield seems to be held together by firm metal clips. Is the only way to open it up prying it open with force?
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

zmaster18

I think the only way to properly open the 1989 revision of the Famicom (with "FF' logo) is to desolder the RF shielding from the board.

pxlbluejay

That's sad.
I was hoping I could open it without taking any solder tools out.
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

FAMICOM_87

just remove the metal plates from top and bottom ,and wash the thing with water ,and leave it do dray well , it should do the trick