Scuff marks

Started by pxlbluejay, August 07, 2019, 06:25:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pxlbluejay

My Famicom is great in every way except for three facts: I'm not sure if it works or not(yet), It's kinda yellowed(well, it's hard to tell, but it sure isn't perfect white) and lastly, it has really annoying scuff marks right in its face(under the Family Computer label). Is there any way to remove this without Mr. Clean or any sort of special "equipment"? You know, with only wet wipes, cotton swabs, alcohol, and baking soda? I've tried almost everything possible with the "Holy Four" cleaning materials, and none worked, and that scuff marks are beginning to annoy me to death. Plz help!
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

zmaster18

You pretty much need Magic Eraser to clean tough scuffs. Sometimes, they won't come off and then you would need sand paper. As long as it isn't on your Family Computer metallic label, you can go ahead and scrub with the Magic Eraser. ;)

pxlbluejay

Thanks, the magic eraser did the job. But I ran into another problem. I started to trust that thing way to much, and I ended up scraping the texture off a rare Hyundai Comboy SMW cart.
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

famiac

You know that it's basically just sandpaper right?

Pikkon

When I use a magic eraser I always use it with some isopropyl alcohol,using it dry can cause some damage if your not careful.

pxlbluejay

Quote from: famiac on August 16, 2019, 10:29:29 pm
You know that it's basically just sandpaper right?

I didn't know it until a few days ago...
Stupid me!