March 29, 2024, 08:45:42 am

The Konami Drop-Outs

Started by Protoman, November 27, 2018, 10:00:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

So I've known for a while that Treasure was formed by ex-Konami people, then I found out Natsume was too.

Are there more companies that were formed from Konami?

Jedi Master Baiter

Kojima Productions? Though they're not not part of Konami since Konami still publishes Metal Gear Solid games, right? ???

I'm looking at this right now: sorta relevant

Edit: I also didn't know that Natsume was formed from former Konami employee(s). Where did you find that out? I always joked about Final Mission/S.C.A.T. being a Konami game. :P

Protoman

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on November 27, 2018, 06:18:56 pm
Kojima Productions? Though they're not not part of Konami since Konami still publishes Metal Gear Solid games, right? ???

I'm looking at this right now: sorta relevant

Edit: I also didn't know that Natsume was formed from former Konami employee(s). Where did you find that out? I always joked about Final Mission/S.C.A.T. being a Konami game. :P

I forgot to put that in, I was thinking more of companies formed from them in the old days. Good-feel(Kirby's Epic Yarn etc) was also made by ex-konami.

I learned about Natsume from this CD https://i.imgur.com/0L3M4Tr.jpg I got when I went to Natsumes office in Osaka by a very nice worker there.
In the little booklet it says they were formed by ex-Konami employees. It also says so on japanese wikipedia.

Protoman

Ganbare Goemon producer Etsunobu Ebisu left Konami and started Good-Feel in 2005(the same year the last Goemon game came out, go figure), I just found out.