March 29, 2024, 07:21:50 am

Coaxial

Started by pxlbluejay, August 18, 2019, 08:14:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pxlbluejay

Well, since it's not exactly about the stuff that goes on in the games forums,  I guess it belongs here...
Anyways, I have found a coaxial output on my dvd player, and the thing instantly got me wondering: can I plug this thing to a console switchbox and get it working on my crt? I've read forums that say it's for surround sound or something similar, and some say that it contains both audio and video like outputs on a famicom, for example. anyways, will it work?
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

UglyJoe

Quote from: pxlbluejay on August 18, 2019, 08:14:46 am
I've read forums that say it's for surround sound or something similar, and some say that it contains both audio and video like outputs on a famicom,

Those are both possible options.  If you find the manual online, it should say what it's used for.  Otherwise, if you have the cables, just try it and see what happens.

pxlbluejay

I tried to connect it--it just shows a garbled up screen that somehow looks like rotten blueberry smoothie. I guess it's for surround sound then...
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.