March 29, 2024, 05:55:43 am

crt broke down

Started by pxlbluejay, August 31, 2019, 05:17:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pxlbluejay

My damn crt broke down the day I got repaired all my broken rf switchboxes(today), and now my Famicom, Super Comboy, Atari VCS, and my ColecoVision is stranded in my game corner without a tv to be played on(my Super Famicom is lucky--it's in my flat screen tv since my crt doesn't tune into ch.95 nor 96.). I got the tv from a goodwill for $10.99, and when I searched its name up on google,(Magnavox Total Remote Control TV) I couldn't find any exact results, so I'm kinda afraid that I'm just broke a rare gem.The thing is hard to take apart since it has tiny 6 sided screws in holes that spanners can't fit in. I'd love to get some info on the tv and some help to fixing it.
P.S. The TV just shut off while it was waiting for a switchbox to be connected, if this helps.
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

famiac

How did it break? What are the symptoms?

You could repair it with the proper tools and precautions. CRTs are especially harmful to the environment because the glass tubes contain high amounts of lead, so try to repair it if possible

pxlbluejay

When I was trying to hook my atari up to it, it just shut down normally, so thought I accidentally pressed the power button with my knee. But when I tried to turn it back on, nothing happened. the little led power indicator didn't do a thing. I took it apart to see what was going on, but the whole interior was completely covered in dust, and even my vacuum failed to take it out, so I had to use wet wipes to take all the dust out. Even after I removed all the dust, nothing happened except for the fact that I coughed all day because of all the dust in my room.
Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.

famiac

I would check the fuse and power circuitry first, then

FAMICOM_87

Also check the electrolytic capacitors