Sharp Twin Famicom shows only blue screen on loading

Started by Alucard2113, October 09, 2019, 06:03:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Alucard2113

Hey Guys

I have a sharp twin famicom that only shows a blue screen when there is no cartridge inside and when I attempt to put a cartridge inside works perfectly fine.
but when i switch it to the famicom disk side it shows nothing at all. just a blue screen no loading a disk or anything what could be up. Also just to add
insult to in jury when i play famicom games they load but they seem kinda fast? any help would be appreciated  ;D

boye

I believe the first problem may be caused by a poor connection to the 2C33. Try reflowing it. I don't know what you mean by famicom games seeming "kinda fast".

Alucard2113

Thank you so much for your response. When I get out of work today I will check out the chip and see about reflowing it. What I meant that it seems kinda fast. When I was playing the Legend of Zelda 2 cartridge on the console it feels like it was a little faster than a normal Nintendo maybe its just me since the sharp twin famicom is not meant to be in the U,S, Anyway. Thank you for your suggestion and I will keep you posted

boye

P

Famicom and NTSC NES should behave identically. Only PAL NES runs slower.

Alucard2113

Looks like the 2C33 is solder pretty well to the board but I can see some ceramic capacitor look a little white on the board right need the cartridge slots could that be a problem

boye