Famicom twin no display when switching to disk

Started by GEEZERATWORK, February 24, 2020, 01:19:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GEEZERATWORK

February 24, 2020, 01:19:40 pm Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 01:38:08 pm by GEEZERATWORK
Hi

Have a sharp twin famicom, the cartridge games work fine, but when I switch to disk I get a blank screen, no display at all.

Has anyone else had this problem.

Any help you can give me would be great.

ericj

Are you flipping the switch to change between cart and disk games? You should at least be getting the disk system screen.

GEEZERATWORK

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yeah I'm flipping the switch, get nothing, not even the disk system screen, have used a volt meter to test the continuity of the switch and is working as it should.

emerson

Maybe the logic chips between the switch and enable pins went bad? Assuming there is logic chips used there of course.

blizzardjesus

Not that it'll help your situation, I once had a similar problem I fixed it by getting a better power supply(Modded PSone PS).

saimen10

Hi,

sadly I have no solution for this too. I had a similar problem with one of my Twin Famicoms. When switched to disk mode, the screen only went grey. No Disk BIOS loading. Cartridge mode worked fine.

I replaced all Caps on the board and on the power supply. But this did not help. I also tried to replace the Disk BIOS chip but also with no success. Still just a grey screen in Disk mode.

I understand that this does not help you at all, but at least you are not alone. I think to sort out such a problem, either you need to be lucky or you need to be very skilled and have the right tools.

I am using this Twin Famicom now with a RAM adapter. This way it is at least not useless.

Best regards!

boye

Quote from: blizzardjesus on February 28, 2020, 09:58:32 amNot that it'll help your situation, I once had a similar problem I fixed it by getting a better power supply(Modded PSone PS).
That's most likely to work.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

Sydsydsyd

Well I am with the same problem.

Some time ago I closed the pins of the socket because it was very loose and I think that the pins that are facing each other were short-circuiting when there is no cassette placed in the socket.

I think this may have burned a chip on the floppy side of the motherboard. If that were the case, which part of the PCB (which chips) should I check? Is there some kind of fuse or logic gate that could blow due to what you mention? Thank you very much.

I hope this will help us to solve this problem, I searched a lot on the internet and couldn't find anyone mentioning that this could be the cause of this grey screen issue on disk mode.
Yeah, sure