Busted Zelda disk help?

Started by boye, March 12, 2020, 09:15:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

boye

I don't mean to spam the forums, but I posted this before. Anyway, Side A of my Zelda disk works like a charm, but Side B just gives Error 27.
Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

P

Error 27 is CRC error. It's supposed to happen if even one byte on the disk is wrong. Try cleaning side B, otherwise it might have demagnetized or have corrupted in another manner. In worst case it's physically damaged (probably not).

It could be a problem with the drive as well, but if you have many disks that works, that's unlikely.

boye

Can't find the FDSLoadr PC program? Get it here. It took me way too long to find.

P

I guess a cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol. The disk head in the drive may also need cleaning.

boye

Side B still appears to be dead. It works extremely rarely, (I've only got Side B to work twice.) but when I try to load dungeon 1, I get error 27.

P

If it works sometimes it's maybe alignment error after all. But I don't know, disk could be corrupt as well.

boye

My Castlevania disk works just fine, (it's my only other disk), si I think it's the disk.

SEABASSTHEGREAT

May 28, 2020, 07:58:48 pm #7 Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:13:13 pm by SEABASSTHEGREAT
Same exact issue. All my other games worked fine. And I had just replaced my belt and fixed other issues and then all my games started reading even better than before.... except Legend Of Zelda 1 now... lol and it is an authentic copy. And it worked for me before I had the drive repaired. Totally don't understand why I get error 27 now.
I also should mention I'm using a Sharp TwinFamicom Turbo AN-505 RD