Sharp Twin Famicom missing sounds

Started by Sneaksy, March 15, 2020, 07:57:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sneaksy

Hey crew! First time poster here with an issue that's driving me nuts. I've got a lovely RGB modded Sharp twin famicom that works great- except me and a friend are playing the original Hyrule fantasy on the disk system and finding a lot of sounds missing! Part of the theme for the menu music is wrong, there's no sound effect for picking up items, the whistle, unlocking doors to name but a few. Anyone experienced similar and more importantly know what could be causing it?! Much love

P

The missing sounds you describe are all generated by the Disk System's sound chip, while other sound (like the BGM heard when playing) are generated by the Famicom's APU. So it sounds like expansion audio isn't working for some reason.

You are using the NESRGB right? Maybe that's the culprit? I think someone said it had various problems with sound. Possibly including expansion and microphone sound.

Sneaksy

Thanks for the reply!
I'm checking in with the guy that did the mod to see if that's the board he used. Is there any sort of fix that you know of?

P

Sorry I don't know, but ask the guy who did the mod if the mod is causing problems with expansion audio. Also ask about the microphone (if it's not working), if you are playing the Japanese Zelda you probably want the microphone to work.

famiac

the microphone input will still register. you just won't hear it

P

Oh OK so it's just the audio mixing. Makes sense.