WTB/WTTF Micro Genius IQ-501

Started by CloudGamerX, April 23, 2020, 10:02:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CloudGamerX

Hello!
Lately, I have been on the lookout for the Micro Genius IQ-501, as I have been told that is the only famiclone in that style of shell, that isn't a NOAC. I have always been fascinated by the look of the Dendy Classic, but it was kind of disappointed to find out that it used a noac chipset.

I don't really need the controllers or the hookups, I just need the console. If anyone happens to have one, I would be willing to either purchase, trade, or do half and half.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
CGX

MasterDisk

By Dendy Classic you don't mean the IQ-502 model but the original Dendy in a IQ-501 mold?
I always thought those were 100% discrete. I know someone with about 10 Dendy (original model) console and they definitely are all discrete? If you go for a Dendy junior however it's much different and these are mostly if not all NoAC.

CloudGamerX

All of the Dendys I have seen, even with the IQ-501 shell, were NOACs. Though I did find out today that even the IQ-501 could potentially hold a NOAC. So, to be more accurate, I am looking for a discrete clone with that shell style.

fcgamer

I have a black one for sale, would it be of interest to you?
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MasterDisk

CloudGamerX

Quote from: fcgamer on April 27, 2020, 07:32:15 pmI have a black one for sale, would it be of interest to you?

got pictures of the inside and outside?

MWK

CloudGamerX

pirate

There're also a lot of NOAC IQ-501s, I think they all switched to NOAC at some point.