Everything I test seems fine - no AV output. HK Famicon (unofficial/Not clone)

Started by inabityo, September 09, 2020, 07:04:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

inabityo

September 09, 2020, 07:04:32 am Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:32:27 pm by inabityo Reason: More accurate details
I have 1998 Famicom HVC-CPU-GPM-02 with a BN5060i Pal conversion for Hong Kong (not from Nintendo).

I have a power supply branding says is compatible, rated as below:
Input AC 110-240V60Hz
Output: DC9V-850mA
(+)--(0--(-)
After testing with my multimeter, it outputs 9V. I don't wish to cut the cabling, so it is difficult to measure the amps.
One point of note is that HK (where I am) has a 50HZ AC power supply - will this make a difference?

It is attached to a modern LCD. the TV reports to be tuning to PAL - between the right frequency bands. I have had black screens appear twice, both times after recently opening to console both times around the 60mhz range, however after turning the console off to reseat the game. No output.

I have tested the regulator. And this does appear to output higher than its supposed to. It outputs at 5.11v's (could this be variance on the multimeter?). The regulator is on the modded board - would this be an issue?

The CPU and the GPU, both get warm - I don't think I'd call it hot. No hotter than my mobile phone has been before. The vOut on both chips both show a 5.11v's. The front controller port also shows the correct output voltage.

I have tested all the wiring for continuity. It all seems fine, as do the switches and everything else that looks like an obvious candidate for disruption.

Can anyone provide me with some pointers as to where to look next? Perhaps the power supply issue?
How do I Test the RF out? I don't have any spare CRT's laying around! Are there any tests I should/can do with my multimeter?

Help please! I have attached images below but can supply more upon request.