Some Famicomstation help?

Started by Patnukem, September 20, 2020, 06:35:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Patnukem

September 20, 2020, 06:35:54 pm Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:12:41 pm by Patnukem
Hi all, first post  :help:

I recently received a Famicomstation that I am repairing and have run into a dead end... maybe someone could provide direction. I have so far repaired the power supply that was outputting 14.8v and not 5, replaced all electrolytic capacitors, cleaned edge connectors, replaced the CPU and PPU with revisions G (I don't have revision E available) and replaced the CIC with some from a game, the original has a crack in it so I do not know if it functions. I also saw a few broken traces O remedied.

When I turn it on I get some static and sometimes flashes of full screen colors.

It does not appear to be loading the menu rom or any games.

Any help appreciated, there is very little in way of known issues and such so I thought maybe someone here would help. I have a multimeter and logic probe for testing.

Thanks!

Patnukem

Some follow up. So far I've fixed the cpu, PPu, CIC, power supply. I still only get a black screen and a hum. What would this indicate on a regular famicom?

FAMICOM_87

Quote from: Patnukem on September 29, 2020, 03:53:58 pmSome follow up. So far I've fixed the cpu, PPu, CIC, power supply. I still only get a black screen and a hum. What would this indicate on a regular famicom?
What about bad RAM chip?