Hong Kong Famicom Colour issues need help !

Started by yeeshen33, January 02, 2021, 09:17:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

yeeshen33

January 02, 2021, 09:17:47 am Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 07:36:27 pm by yeeshen33 Reason: error posting image
Recently i bought a Hong Kong Famicom and i noticed that the RF output image is so dark and the color look weird. Also i noticed there is trim cap that allowed me to do some color adjustment.

Before i do the color adjustment , the color is weird and way deviated too much from original famicom color. For example this Rockman 2 title which is supposed to be blue and red not purple color.

After adjustment the Rockman 2 color look okay !!

But now the super mario 3 Sky color turn into orange color which supposed to be yellow.

l try whole day to do the color adjustment but still can't get a favourable result, some game i manage to get proper color, but after the adjustment it do affect other game colors  also.

Is that something wrong with the trim cap?
What should that parts and accessories called ?
What else i need to change in the HK famicom board ??
Or someone else can confirm me my unit has no problem, Hong Kong Famicom colours supposed to look like that.

yeeshen33

Can someone else share the hong kong famicom gaming image?

so i can do the comparison with mine.

Flying_Phoenix

I've had several and never managed to get anything working properly. This HK Famicom is a nice oddity to collect, but to use a gaming machine, it seems to be complete junk!

yeeshen33

Quote from: Flying_Phoenix on January 03, 2021, 05:56:09 amI've had several and never managed to get anything working properly. This HK Famicom is a nice oddity to collect, but to use a gaming machine, it seems to be complete junk!

I know it is hard to get them worked in certain countries due to the TV system compatibility. Do you try

them with tv tuner box + lcd monitor. Most of the tv tuner box can select pal-I system and tune to correct channel.