Help! Famicom light gun stuck in limbo.

Started by MustardBubbles, January 19, 2021, 06:00:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MustardBubbles

I bought a Famicom light gun off of Buyee, and they sent me an email informing me that they are prohibited from shipping it internationally.

They offered me 2 options:
1: Ship it to a local address within Japan.
2: Discard the item without any sort of refund.

Neither option feels satisfactory to me.

If there's anybody on this forum who lives in Japan, or knows someone who lives in Japan; is there any way they can claim the package and ship it me as a third party? (I'll stiff any additional shipping costs)
Or if this sort of item is banned all together from any sort of international shipping, maybe buy it off of me at a discount? Maybe trade something of similar value? (Or just keep it, I don't want it disposed of like trash)
If nothing else, I might address it to Super Potato as a sort of anonymous donation. (If that isn't illegal)

Any help or advice on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated!

fcgamer

Quote from: MustardBubbles on January 19, 2021, 06:00:32 pmI bought a Famicom light gun off of Buyee, and they sent me an email informing me that they are prohibited from shipping it internationally.

They offered me 2 options:
1: Ship it to a local address within Japan.
2: Discard the item without any sort of refund.

Neither option feels satisfactory to me.

If there's anybody on this forum who lives in Japan, or knows someone who lives in Japan; is there any way they can claim the package and ship it me as a third party? (I'll stiff any additional shipping costs)
Or if this sort of item is banned all together from any sort of international shipping, maybe buy it off of me at a discount? Maybe trade something of similar value? (Or just keep it, I don't want it disposed of like trash)
If nothing else, I might address it to Super Potato as a sort of anonymous donation. (If that isn't illegal)

Any help or advice on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated!

What is the exact reason they can't ship it abroad? Is it because of regulations regarding light guns (seems odd, many sellers from Japan sell this stuff, right?) , or is it because of covid 19, or because of your residential country, or?
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

MustardBubbles

I believe it's because the FC Zapper resembles a real world Colt revolver too much. I've ordered multiple items from Buyee over the last few weeks, and none of them have encountered this issue.
(None of the other items resemble weapons).
The email that was sent to me references it as a "Prohibited Item: Toy gun".