Recovering history from famicom pirates and their consoles.

Started by TeTsUyUkI, February 13, 2021, 03:17:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeTsUyUkI

Hello!

So i have allways thinked what happened to all those famicom pirate companies and the names of their Electronic companies.

I know about the more infamous one like Dar Yar, TXC, Bit Corp, Asder, and other more minor ones that are well documented.

But what about those that are not well documented?

For example there is no info about the people behind NASA, i actually thinked that they were the same as Yar Dar, but actually if im not wrong, the last original NASA branded console was the Super Nasa 16 bit, an rebranded TXC snes clone better know as Gentry or Super Pro System 16, while their last in home console was their Nasa twin 60/72 pin model from 1994, after the massive failure of their 2 megadrive clone models from 1993, after that there was no more production of clones by Nasa.

Only their most famous models, this being their Nes clone console (NASA) and their SP-60 famiclone, were kept being made by some unrelated manufacturers.

Aaronix is another brand that has very little documentation, besides being one of the first to made famiclones in the late 80s with Asder and MicroGenius, this could be because Aaronix was only "popular" in the Asian market, while other clone manufacturers had most places of Europe and South America full of their clones.