Favorite Famicom music channel deleted :(

Started by R_Leo_1, February 21, 2021, 06:59:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

R_Leo_1

Game-Movie(FC/NES) was probably considered a very small/unknown channel, but man they had like EVERY Famicom OST you could imagine, in good quality too, but it seems like the copyright hawks at Nintendo got them :( It's a real shame too I was always excited to hear an OST from some obscure FC game I hadn't heard of before. If anyone has a recommended channel that uploads stuff like this, I would be delighted to know.

adori_12

I just tried to search their videos and yeah, they're gone.  :'(
They had uploaded lots of very obscure Famicom soundtracks, it's such a shame they left, specially because I listened to some of their stuff mere days before they disappeared. :(
As for alternatives for Famicom soundtracks, there's this new channel called GameQubit OST which has been uploading several of the obscure soundtracks Game Movie used to upload, although I don't like the way they loop the songs, sometimes they loop 5 second songs for like three minutes instead of looping 1 minute songs three times, but it's still better than nothing. You could also try Wiiguy's 8-bit Stereo but he's more focused towards NES games rather than Famicom.
De todo un poco es el sabor de la vida, ida y vuelta en lo de siempre, empobrece y deja roto.

R_Leo_1

Yeah I had been listening to them just the day before they were deleted. I had a great playlist filled with their music that I could listen to while drawing or coding. But thanks for the recommendations, I'll definitely check them out!

Sentientprism

Time to start binging famicom music again
Anyone remember the name of that weird Japanese NES?