Where to get a FDSstick currently

Started by Sahasrahla, March 27, 2021, 06:52:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sahasrahla

Hello dear community I'm new here.

I'm looking for a way to purchase a FDSstick.
Orders seem to be available on the official site (3dscapture) but since I don't live in the US, this does not seem to be an option.
An email to loopy was left unanswered.
The international order site (tototek) is out of stock.
The "contact us" link is broken so there's no way to ask when/if they might get restocked.

Any hint on how I could get my hands on one of those sticks would be greatly appreciated.

P

Just wait, Tototek restocks quite quickly.

Sahasrahla

Good to know, thanks.
Is he active here in the forum or is there any way to get in contact with him?

P

Yeah Tomy is a member here and posted last time not too long ago.

schnuth

I have an extra 128M FDSstick I'm not using if you're interested. Where are you located?

Tomy

Quote from: Sahasrahla on March 27, 2021, 06:52:12 pmHello dear community I'm new here.

I'm looking for a way to purchase a FDSstick.
Orders seem to be available on the official site (3dscapture) but since I don't live in the US, this does not seem to be an option.
An email to loopy was left unanswered.
The international order site (tototek) is out of stock.
The "contact us" link is broken so there's no way to ask when/if they might get restocked.

Any hint on how I could get my hands on one of those sticks would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, both 3dscapture and tototek have no fdsstick in stock. I still waitting loopy reply. I'm afraid he will stop produce it again. It is very good product for FDS lover.

P

Loopy posted on Nesdev not too long ago. I sent him a PM there.

Epic_Lotus

I am going to follow this thread.  I would also like an FDSStick.  I just learned about them recently!

Keroro1125

Going to follow this thread as well. Just got my FDS RAM Adapter recently so I'm eagerly waiting for a restock on these!

P

It sounds like he started to produce them again so just be patient. :)

Keroro1125

Quote from: P on July 22, 2021, 12:59:24 pmIt sounds like he started to produce them again so just be patient. :)

Awesome! I'm excited to finally be able to get my hands on one of these! It'll be well worth the wait.

P

They are really awesome and solves about all problems you may have with Famicom Disk System games. And as all licensed FDS games' master disks in their factory state were leaked, there are no longer any doubts how to purify all licensed disks to a factory default state. You just need to figure out how to use rdafds.exe to convert RDA/RDB to FDS (or ask me and I'll explain) in order to get a factory default disk image usable with the FDSStick.

That's how I play FDS games nowadays, not only does it allow me to play disks without any prior save data, the FDSStick makes it easy to backup the save data (by writing the disk image back to the PC).

P

It looks like FDSStick is back in stock on Tototek!

asper

Quote from: P on July 24, 2021, 02:31:39 pmThey are really awesome and solves about all problems you may have with Famicom Disk System games. And as all licensed FDS games' master disks in their factory state were leaked, there are no longer any doubts how to purify all licensed disks to a factory default state. You just need to figure out how to use rdafds.exe to convert RDA/RDB to FDS (or ask me and I'll explain) in order to get a factory default disk image usable with the FDSStick.

That's how I play FDS games nowadays, not only does it allow me to play disks without any prior save data, the FDSStick makes it easy to backup the save data (by writing the disk image back to the PC).
Please explain me how to use that executable (rdafds.exe) !

Skawo

Open up CMD, drag in rdafds, then drag in the RDA/RDB and then specify the outfile

So for example, you end up with
rdafds.exe in.rda out.fds

That said, using the master disks as-is ,eaves an unmistakeable mark that they've been rewritten with the FDSStick, as the various fields in the header are not set properly.