How To Read / Write Games on Twin Famicom with FDSSTICK

Started by modzvilleusa, August 09, 2021, 03:39:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

modzvilleusa

Hey dudes,
I had a hell of a time digging for information on how to Program Famicom Disks on a Twin Fami using an FDSSTICK.
I ended up finding some threads on NESDEV via the wayback machine and get it up and running.
I put it together in a video guide and compiled all the relevant I could find / think of.
Any input is appreciated. Both of my twins are the variants without an LED on the power button and both happen to have the Disc drive that doesn't need any modifications.
I'm curious if other twin famis have different power boards that require different mods to disable write protections. If you have a Twin Fami and do this, please report back with the following info
Power Led - Yes or No
Same Power Board - Yes or No
Chip on Disk System - 7201 or 3206

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHn_i7frLTk

P

Yeah sadly Nesdev is still down. There was some spambots registering a ton of usernames which somehow corrupted the database and broke the forum. I know that there are backups though so hopefully it will be back soon. One problem is that the one handling the servers is sometimes hard to get in contact with and seems to seldom visit the forum. Thankfully the wiki is still up.