Early Hong Kong Super Famicom clone

Started by TeTsUyUkI, August 17, 2021, 12:55:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TeTsUyUkI

So i recently bought 2 of these Hong Kong made Super Famicom clones from 1995, while they are neat looking systems, i wouldn't say they are great clones.

Like most clone consoles that are similar to the Super Famicom the built is very good and solid, but the plastic and the finish are very cheap, there is a lot of plastic residue and some parts of the shell are very sharp, some parts doesn't fit properly and the overall feel is not very pleasent.

Looking at the inside the console has a massive heat sink wich works very well, but the soldering job is very bad, worse than most clone consoles of that time, because these consoles are made in Hong Kong, the system is modded to output a Ntsc signal, and the mod itself is very crude and filled with glue.

The video encoder is a bootleg clone of the common Sony encoder that the Megadrive uses, but i have seen most of these use the original Sony one, the video output is a bit darker and has vertical lines, mine has been showing some cap issues so the video quality could be inproved with a recap.

Overall not a very good clone, and not a reliable one like most old Megadrive and Famiclones.

(pic of the console)
https://ibb.co/1sCBsLX