Modded SHARP Twin Famicom Console AN-500B WITH NES controller ports

Started by nes2022, January 29, 2022, 12:14:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nes2022

Hi I have a famicom twin system for sale

It's been modified to have NES controllers in a way that you can play your NES controllers and zapper gun.

It has an LED mod

The controller has an LED on the logo and on the letters.

I've been trying to sell it but I'm not getting anybody and I think this thing needs to be recognized for what it really is.

I customized this myself.

Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong? I use a DSLR camera.

I tried everything. I had to take pictures about three times.

Got a new belt on the system everything works fine I got a video.

I have a link where I tell people to copy and paste onto the address bar but only get to viewers. The videos not even long it's like 5 minutes. I know this is something that has never been seen before.

I mean with the exception of the controller mod because there had been a person that discover that. But the LED light for the power on the famicom twin I actually discovered that on my own.

I want they want to do a tutorial on all this information.

Because this was a pretty tedious job.

And I like to make sure that everybody will have a chance to do their own as well as myself.

If you're not interested in buying at least tell me what I'm doing wrong or what you think I accept negative and positive feedbacks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134007219398

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRkXUMMKlnY

UglyJoe

Quote from: nes2022 on January 29, 2022, 12:14:24 amIf you're not interested in buying at least tell me what I'm doing wrong or what you think I accept negative and positive feedbacks.

Just my thoughts:

Quote from: nes2022 on January 29, 2022, 12:14:24 amIt's been modified to have NES controllers in a way that you can play your NES controllers and zapper gun.

It's not clear to me from the pictures exactly where/how the controllers attach.  There is one picture of the NES connectors but it doesn't even look like it's attached to the console?  The video does clear this up, but not everyone will watch the video.

Quote from: nes2022 on January 29, 2022, 12:14:24 amIt has an LED mod

I don't want to diminish the work it took to do the LED mod, but it sort of looks like the power button is cracked/broken because of the mod.

Quote from: nes2022 on January 29, 2022, 12:14:24 amThe controller has an LED on the logo and on the letters.

The controllers look neat!  However...I think part of the draw of a Twin is the controllers that come with it, since they do not look like standard Famicom or NES controllers.  By not including the stock controllers, I think you are really lowering the appeal.

Quote from: nes2022 on January 29, 2022, 12:14:24 amI use a DSLR camera.

I don't know if it's poor lighting or if you are zoom/cropping or what, but about half of your pictures look blurry and/or grainy.  I think in total the pictures convey what it is you're selling, but I was bit surprised to read that you used a DSLR to do that.

Quote from: nes2022 on January 29, 2022, 12:14:24 amI have a link where I tell people to copy and paste onto the address bar but only get to viewers.

The video is dark and shaky and is mostly just you playing games.  Personally, I'd rather see a quick (like 1 minute or less) video, well-lit, where you just show the console from all angles and briefly show it loading an FDS game to prove that the drive/belt works.

One thing that I think you have working in your favor is that you have a functioning Twin for sale within the US.  They are not small consoles, so international shipping is usually even worse than usual.  I don't know what eBay's policies are, but maybe add something about being a US seller in the listing title?