FMD POWER-03 Photos

Started by hgage2003, June 27, 2022, 08:56:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hgage2003

Hi, I have fds with 03 power board. It can read disks, but every time I write them I got verification error. Can it be protection?

Stephen

There's no write protection on this power supply PCB. Given how dirty some of the pins on the connectors are I would sooner suspect a short or bad transistor.

Have you confirmed your disk drive is using a 7201 chip? You can shine a flashlight into this little window to read the chip inside the disk drive.

hgage2003

Yes, its 7201.
It was just bad aligned, or something, I dont know. I managed to write one disk fine.
But after that I replaced the belt and now belt just falls between gears after a few turns. I dont know what to do with it anymore.

Stephen

June 27, 2022, 02:50:41 pm #3 Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 03:19:34 pm by Stephen
Quote from: hgage2003 on June 27, 2022, 02:41:28 pmYes, its 7201.
It was just bad aligned, or something, I dont know. I managed to write one disk fine.
But after that I replaced the belt and now belt just falls between gears after a few turns. I dont know what to do with it anymore.
Take a look around your work area for two small white washers (~8-10mm in diameter). Sounds like they fell out while you were installing your belt or your belt is the wrong size.

I do want to strongly emphasize a note about reading and writing -- if your head and spindle speed isn't properly calibrated then the disks which you write will not be useable by anyone other than you (practically speaking).

I'm not sure if it's kosher to mention in this thread as I haven't made a post officially listing my services yet (Services Offered), but I offer two levels of alignment -- Basic (works with FDS) and Premium (works with FDS Stick, etc). North America inquiries preferred.

hgage2003

Yes, it looks I lost the top washer. I'll find a replacenent, thank you.

P

Regarding disk writing, take a look at this thread here.