Which Disks Are Uncommon?

Started by Stephen, September 13, 2022, 02:45:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

I just received an order of 200 disks from Japan and I'm trying to organize the disks. Lots of repeat disks.

Would anyone be interested in sharing their $0.02 on which disks are uncommon and also those which are desirable?

portnoyd

As far as difficulty to find, this is a copy/paste from this post I made:

https://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=14750.msg186407#msg186407

QuotePromo Tier: All Night Nippon, the Tax software, Charumera Zelda, the gold Golfs, etc

Top Tier: Both I Am A Teacher sewing/knitting games

More Uncommon Tier: Roger Rabbit, Silviana, Doremikko, Transformers, Nankin Adventure, Youkai Yashihi, Youmais, Tarot Uranai, German Tantaidean, Kattobi Douji, Fire Bam, Fire Rock, Dandy, Tama & Friends, Patton-Kun, Dogfight Spirit, Gunfighter, Fuun Shoriken 2, Santa Claus no Takarabako

Less Uncommon Tier: Any else not listed above or below. Konamic Ice Hockey & Bio Miracle Upa.

Common Tier: Anything published by Nintendo, Capcom or Konami besides Doremikko and Konamic Ice Hockey & Upa.  Most titles released in the US.

Basically, the only 2 released retail games that are genuinely rare are the I Am A Teachers. If you're going for a full set of FDS, you get these and the rest of the set is easy mode.

There is a HUGE gap between Top Tier and More Uncommon. Imagine a Rare Tier with no games on it between the two.

Just a note that this doesn't correlate directly to value. The common tier has a lot of titles (mostly name brand - Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Doki Doki Panic, CVs) that are worth more than those on the tier two up. However, Silviana, Roger Rabbit and Bio Miracle Upa are straight cash.

The third hardest to find game is probably Tarot Uranai.

Another thing is prices wildly swing on Yahoo Japan and I feel like eBay is damn near dead for FDS games. As an example, I've seen people pay $100+ for a complete Go Go Bowling and in between those sales, I got mine for... $30.