FDS Ports collection SOLD

Started by BonBon, October 03, 2022, 08:03:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BonBon

October 03, 2022, 08:03:17 am Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 03:05:02 pm by BonBon
Gold Punch Out and Gold golf disk are sold.

Exciting basketball sold

Nazo no Murasamejou & Metroid  sold

Castlevania 1 & 2, Bio Miracle baby, Exciting Soccer, Super Mario Party, Ai Senshi nicol, smb 2 (no mustache), Doki Doki panic blue cart sold

Tobidase Daisakusen $SOLD
Twin Bee 2 $SOLD
Gryuss $SOLD
Zanac $SOLD
Volleyball $SOLD
Meikyuu Jin Dababa $SOLD
Almana No Kiseki $SOLD
Bio Miracle Bokuette Upa SOLD
Exciting Soccer SOLD
Exciting Basketball SOLD
Doki Doki panic SOLD
Doki Doki panic $SOLD
Green Beret $SOLD
Pro wrestling $SOLD
Castlevania 1 SOLD
Bubble Bobble $SOLD
Bubble Bobble $SOLD
Falsion $SOLD
Ye kung fu air $SOLD
Ai Senshi Nicol SOLD
Metriod SOLD
Nazo no Murasamejou SOLD
Castlevania 2 SOLD
Smb2 SOLD
Smb2 $SOLD
Smb2 Kaiser $SOLD
Super Mario Party SOLD

Sho

Hello!  How much are you selling your FDS Port to cart and Holy grails for?

Jedi Master Baiter

I want to buy dose FDS carts! :o How many are doubles? Doki Panic, SMB2 :mario:, Bubble Bobble :bub:

OMG that Metroid! :o

portnoyd

Jedi Master Baiter

Oh, I didn't notice the Cashapp requirement. :( I'm out.

But what games are the third from the top on the left, the black cartridge soccer game, and the multicart on the bottom right?

famiac

gyruss, konami exciting soccer, and iirc the mario party multicart contains the FDS port of SMB2J. not sure how accurate the port is, as far as quality goes.

Jedi Master Baiter

I take it most/all of these were made before the realization of their official cart forms (Castlevania, Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa) and aren't just those ports?

Have these been dumped? Man, I want to buy all of these just to try them out. Maybe I could do that and resell them? ???

famiac

Jedi Master Baiter

November 10, 2022, 08:35:04 pm #8 Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 11:48:45 pm by Jedi Master Baiter
Cool! 8) After checking out Metroid, I want to buy these even more.

Being a two-sided Disk game, Kaiser (or whoever) couldn't just port the game straight up. The title screen is just a static screen. So it's both lazy/unlazy. :P I wonder if there's even an ending? ???

Also, the door glitch doesn't appear to work in this. :-\ I wonder how the RNG issue is handled? ???

Edit: Okay, it does work, but some solid tile ceilings in vertical shafts are replaced by rooms! Particularly the first one in Brinstar.

Ghegs

I've always wanted a Falsion cart (and maybe Zanac and Murasame Castle), just because it's a Konami game and I refuse to pick up a FDS or any games for it. Shame about the Cashapp requirement since that excludes a lot of potential people interested in this set.

But if anybody buys the set and for some reason isn't interested in those titles, hook me up. :D

FDS-Hungry

I dislike cash app, but if your willing to meet in person near LA outside a police station, I'd be happy to buy disk-kun golf, nippon, punch out and gradius if you gave a deal for all of them.

Jedi Master Baiter

Does Cashapp have fees or buyer protection like PayPal? I don't want the hassle of downloading and moving funds to it for just one thing.

Also, where in California are you, Jayray? I'm in the San Diego area. I'd be willing to meet up in person and buy all the fds ports for a deal.

P

Quote from: Jedi Master Baiter on November 10, 2022, 08:35:04 pmCool! 8) After checking out Metroid, I want to buy these even more.

Being a two-sided Disk game, Kaiser (or whoever) couldn't just port the game straight up. The title screen is just a static screen. So it's both lazy/unlazy. :P I wonder if there's even an ending? ???

Also, the door glitch doesn't appear to work in this. :-\ I wonder how the RNG issue is handled? ???

Edit: Okay, it does work, but some solid tile ceilings in vertical shafts are replaced by rooms! Particularly the first one in Brinstar.
Is it a cart port that predates Nintendo's own one? Can it save?
Based on the quality of these pirate ports, I would guess that the RNG is simply ignored and the same RNG value would always be used, meaning that the game possibly can't be completed depending on what that value is.
The proper way to do it would be to either code your own RNG routine and use that or copy the one found in the FDS BIOS that Metroid is using, but I'm not sure if Kaiser had a dump of the FDS BIOS.

famiac

Good point about RNG. We didn't even really know about that until recently.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: P on November 15, 2022, 03:39:09 pmIs it a cart port that predates Nintendo's own one?
I assume so, otherwise it'd be more cost-effective to just use the NES conversion. Or Kaiser didn't know the existence of the North American release (they could be concurrent).

Quote from: P on November 15, 2022, 03:39:09 pmCan it save?
Pressing START goes straight to the start of Brinstar (but not before briefly playing the title screen music for a split second ???). Dying goes to a menu with two options: 'CONTINUE' or 'OVER' but I'm not sure if this screen is original or taken from the FDS version. No .sav file was generated from playing this in an emulator.

Quote from: P on November 15, 2022, 03:39:09 pmI would guess that the RNG is simply ignored and the same RNG value would always be used, meaning that the game possibly can't be completed depending on what that value is.
Interesting. What other behavior does the RNG affect other than enemy movement and projectiles? Is there any specific enemy I can check in Kraid's Lair to observe as a test? It'd be cool if Kaiser handled it better than Nintendo, but seeing as vertical ceilings are glitched, I can't imagine they did (unless this is an emulator issue).