Guide: Famicom to FourScore

Started by relo, August 06, 2019, 04:28:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

relo

August 06, 2019, 04:28:11 am Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 01:20:01 pm by relo
I developed a rather simple mod that allows you to use a PAL (and probably american, but haven't tested) FourScore, allowing you to use NES controllers on the Famicom without the need to butcher FourScores for their plugs. Furthermore it allows you to play fourscore compatible games and use the turbo feature.

I tried creating an automatic system without luck as there is no easy way to detect a fourscore being plugged in. Also tried getting the Zapper to work but it doesn't work due to the chip used in the FourScore.

FAMICOM_87

This is just fantastic!  :pow: I have eu fourscore NES and Famicom so defenetly want to try this ,but from where to find 15 pin connector long enought to reach the deep pins in the famicom's expention slot   :question:

relo

Neo-geo extension cables are great for that and rather cheap.

FAMICOM_87

A am waiting the 15 pin extension cable from Aliexpress, by the way this idea for the switch I was using it years ago with a mod of Sega Mega drive :) In my case the vents was perfect fit ,so I did no even glue the switches  ;D

odsquad64

For this mod, does the D0(1) line still go out to the P2 controller? From the diagram it appears like I just need to solder a wire to the P2 header, is that correct? Or do I need to divert the D0(1) line so that it either goes to the FourScore or the P2 controller but not both at the same time? 

Also, are there any accessories that actually use the Audio out?