Looking for copy master (ntsc) download or will buy fds card if you’d b so cool

Started by Tengugurl, February 17, 2023, 10:44:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tengugurl

:)  Hi there!

I am looking to mod my twin famicom AN500-B
And I have read up on how to mod the power board, and make the adapter for the C port, and I am doing all of this to fix a few bum disc cards that I bought off eBay. Aka rewrite a few of them to see if I can salvage my collection.

Question, I am looking to do some major overhaul work on my twin fami's disc drive and I have read that I'll need copy master ntsc to check the speed of the drive.

I can't for the life of me find a .fds image as I'd love to write it to a disc card or heck, I'd love to buy a copy master copy from someone in the group here. (If you'd be so kind of course)

Any help would be lovely as I am still new to the famicom scene but I am a fast learner and I hope I can bring my collection to life and eventually be someone in the fami community who can help others who don't wish to invest in being able to rewrite bum disc cards.

Thanks in advance!
Tengu girl

Stephen

Quote from: Tengugurl on February 17, 2023, 10:44:36 pm:)  Hi there!

I am looking to mod my twin famicom AN500-B
And I have read up on how to mod the power board, and make the adapter for the C port, and I am doing all of this to fix a few bum disc cards that I bought off eBay. Aka rewrite a few of them to see if I can salvage my collection.

Question, I am looking to do some major overhaul work on my twin fami's disc drive and I have read that I'll need copy master ntsc to check the speed of the drive.

I can't for the life of me find a .fds image as I'd love to write it to a disc card or heck, I'd love to buy a copy master copy from someone in the group here. (If you'd be so kind of course)

Any help would be lovely as I am still new to the famicom scene but I am a fast learner and I hope I can bring my collection to life and eventually be someone in the fami community who can help others who don't wish to invest in being able to rewrite bum disc cards.

Thanks in advance!
Tengu girl
The disk hub should spin at 400 RPM. I personally use a contact tachometer for the most reliable measurement.

Skawo

While best to check it physically, like Stephen said, you can try using FDS Lister if you don't have any other way and try to get 0x94 "average CPU cycles between bytes". You'd just need a known factory-written disk.

Tengugurl

Oh wow! Thank you both for your thoughtful replies.

I think I'll go with a Digital Tachometer Contact/Laser RPM Tachometer https://a.co/d/bbSnUkP as I want to dial things in as best as possible but I do love the option of having a software too! Thank you both

Silly question, do you prefer a contact tachometer that has a physical wheel or should I go with a laser like the link above?

ericj

Copy master requires a game doctor to load, and those are fairly hard to come by anymore. Your best bets are what Stephen & Skawo suggest, if you even need to mess with the speed adjustment.

Stephen

Quote from: Tengugurl on February 18, 2023, 07:08:29 amOh wow! Thank you both for your thoughtful replies.

I think I'll go with a Digital Tachometer Contact/Laser RPM Tachometer https://a.co/d/bbSnUkP as I want to dial things in as best as possible but I do love the option of having a software too! Thank you both

Silly question, do you prefer a contact tachometer that has a physical wheel or should I go with a laser like the link above?
Contactless probably had more applications outside of the FDS but I prefer the reliability of a contact tach. I have a video series on the FDS, including motor speed.

famiac

I just posted this in another thread but i'll put it here too
https://www.fdsstick.com/fds-copy-master-v1-1-lastest/

It's a very convenient program. I seem to recall there was a version that didn't require a game doctor. If that doesn't exist then we need to make it happen. At least the drive speed tuning part.

I've never tried using FDS Lister. That's a good idea