How can I used MGD1 for copy quick disk?

Started by hehaji, November 20, 2007, 08:45:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hehaji

I read from http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=548&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

kyuusaku post: FDSLoadr lets you interface the disk drive and/or RAM adapter to your PC's parallel port. The disk drive cable will allow you to backup and supposedly rewrite disks, the RAM adapter cable will emulate the disk drive. Game Doctors are not required or supported or helpful in any way really.

What is FDSLoadr? How can I get it? Now I have 7201 Disk drive(modified by switched board because my 7201 reader head fail.), MGD1, Doctor 4M(Blue). and parallel cable. (Note: the back of MGD1 have 2 ports ,the 1st is parallel port and 2nd is maybe joystick port . ???)

Can I connect the parallel cabel direct on the CPU mainboard? What's software for use? I don't have Master Copy disk. I have only hardware. Can computer see FDS drive from connect parallel cable on board?

Finally question, I have many of pirated game quick disks which copy from cartidge(1 game have 2 disks, I bought them from old game store)  but when I loading disk until the final side(B side of 2nd disk ) . The screen was not appear (only dark screen).  :-[

Please Help me.   Thank You very much (Sorry, I'm poor in english language)  :-[

JC

I don't remember the specifics, but FDS Loader is a software program that requires a person to build a Loader cable that'll connect between the units. There are directions, I think, on NESDev.

chimyfolkbutter

As JC pointed out, you can download FDSLoader from nesdev website.  I don't know of anyone who has gotten FDSLoader to write disks.  Lord knows I have tried for the past 2 years.  However, I have figured out how to use FDSLoader in conjunction with other copy utilites like CopyMaster and a Game Doctor.  You use FDSLoader to load the image to the Copymaster/Game Doctor. CopyMaster will write side A to the disk.  When CopyMaster is finished writing side a, then you toggle FDSLoader to load side B into CopyMaster.  CopyMaster will then write side B.  Now you have your newly written disk.

You challenge will be to get a copy of CopyMaster written to a disk.  You have the game doctor and a modded 7201.  The other way you can do this is with and MGD1.  I have one but I haven't had time to make the cable.  I know madman has this working and he was working on a utility to format the dump into something usable.

-CFB