April 28, 2024, 03:06:04 pm

Cheesies are evil!

Started by MaxXimus, November 27, 2007, 09:20:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxXimus

I was eating cheesies last night while watching a movie, and all of a sudden I heard a crack. This didn't sound like an ordinary crack, so I spit the cheesie out, and low and behold, half my tooth came out with it.  How the hell do you break a tooth in half on a cheesie?! I am never eating cheesies again!

NationalGameDepot

I have lost teeth in an oatmeal cream pie, and while eating a banana once (both baby teeth).  I also cracked a tooth eating a ear of corn once (permanent tooth).
~~NGD

UglyJoe

I cracked a molar while eating a hamburger (although the tooth was already in really poor shape).

MaxXimus

This one is a molar, and it already had a filing from when I was a kid. I have to go to the dentist and probably get it pulled(I have an appointement for tomorrow)

This is where my extreme phobia of needles starts up. I was having an anxiety attack when it happened.

UglyJoe

I actually had to have a bunch of my molars extracted (including the hamburger one).  Good luck with the dentist.

MaxXimus

I honestly hope they can gas me. I wouldn't be able to stand watching them shove needles in my mouth, then ripping out the tooth. What does it feel like? does it hurt? What exactly do they do to get it out? Be honest.

manuel

Ripping out the tooth doesn't hurt that much. It can ache a bit more afterwards.

UglyJoe

Quote from: MaxXimus on November 27, 2007, 11:42:16 am
I honestly hope they can gas me. I wouldn't be able to stand watching them shove needles in my mouth, then ripping out the tooth. What does it feel like? does it hurt? What exactly do they do to get it out? Be honest.

They had me on an iv drip, so I wasn't really "awake", so to speak.  Plus, my molars had decayed to the point where they had to cut my gums and dig the molars out.  Simply "pulling" them wasn't an option.  I really didn't feel a thing.  I kept my eyes closed, too, so I didn't see all too much.

Dealing with the mess afterwards is worse.  Just follow the dentist's instructions and you'll be fine.  Mainly, don't loosen up the blood clot, or else you could get a "dry socket", which supposedly hurt like hell.  I think I got one while I was recovering and it was annoying (though I've had tooth aches far worse than it).

I haven't had a tooth "pulled" since I was like 8 years old.  All I remember is getting the tooth in a little envelop afterwards.  However, I'm pretty sure that "pulling" is exactly that: they numb you, grab your tooth, and yank.  Hopefully, it doesn't crack in the process.

NationalGameDepot

I had 4 teeth pulled before I had braces put on, cause I had 4 extra teeth (I know really weird).  Getting them pulled didn't hurt but they gave me 16 shots of novacane before hand.  Then the literally got a pair of pliers and yanked them out, and no I am not kidding.  The worst part about it was the terrible cracking noise the teeth make right before they come out, that the and bleeding.  I had all 4 pulled at one time and I bleed for 2 days afterwards.
~~NGD

FamicomFreak

I only had a tooth taken out because I flew into a tree(long story) but I don't remember the dentist being a traumatic experience.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

I had a wisdom tooth yanked out not too long ago. The needles kinda suck, especially if the numbing isn't effective the first time and they have to stick you again. But after that everything was fine. I didn't even feel them pull the tooth...I was surprised when they told me they were done.

Doc

The numbing needles are ALWAYS painful as hell, I hate it... I mean, sometimes it hurts so much and you STILL feel when they pull a tooth. :-\

I lost my first tooth... eating a cracker. o_O

UglyJoe

Am I the only one who doesn't mind the needles?  It's just a strong pinch and then it's done.  ???

NationalGameDepot

I don't mind needles at all to be honest.  I don't enjoy them by any means but I don't worry about getting them.  However I do HATE the finger pricks they do on you, ugh :-\
~~NGD

MaxXimus

I have to make another dentist appt. All they did was drill down the tooth so it wasnt sharp anymore, then put kind of a liquid that drys solid on it as a temp fix. They also found a cavity in my mouth that needs a filling tho. :( so either I get two fillings, or one pulled and one filling. What should I do? :O