Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2018, 10:28:39 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  Game Identification
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] Print
Author Topic: Game Identification  (Read 513405 times)
MaarioS
AV Famicom
Poland Poland

« Reply #1530 on: April 02, 2018, 09:30:14 AM »

I've had several pirated carts with the same label or similar style label, unfortunately I think there is no way to find out what's inside because I noticed games are completely random in these carts. If you want to guess a specific game completely based on texting on the cart then maybe it is Raid on Bungeling Bay

By the way, I noticed this cart was located in Poland at some point, based on the sticker "cena" which means "price"
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 09:35:17 AM by MaarioS » Logged
togemet2
Disk System
Hong Kong Hong Kong

HVC-001

« Reply #1531 on: April 02, 2018, 09:45:51 AM »

I've had several pirated carts with the same label or similar style label, unfortunately I think there is no way to find out what's inside because I noticed games are completely random in these carts. If you want to guess a specific game completely based on texting on the cart then maybe it is Raid on Bungeling Bay

By the way, I noticed this cart was located in Poland at some point, based on the sticker "cena" which means "price"

Interesting, interesting. Yes, the auction was located in Poland. But it also had a lot of other real cartridges in the lot. Pretty neat looking label even for a pirate. Thanks for the info.
Ghegs
AV Famicom
Finland Finland

« Reply #1532 on: April 02, 2018, 10:24:51 AM »

HFC-CR (in the upper left corner of the label) is the product code for Championship Lode Runner, so it might be that...then again, it might not because pirate carts.

My videos
Rolling Start!! - Arcade Racing Game Forum
Retrospectives
AV Famicom

« Reply #1533 on: April 02, 2018, 11:21:41 AM »

Interesting, interesting. Yes, the auction was located in Poland. But it also had a lot of other real cartridges in the lot. Pretty neat looking label even for a pirate. Thanks for the info.

It can basically be anything. アタラシイテレビゲーム just means "New Video game" but if you search for the term you will find other pictures of pirates using the same label. The ones with the dip-switches are easily to identify as SMB2j or at least some modified FDS game. This stolen label created by Hudson (obviously) they just printed "Unbeatable Program" but in reality even the serial code of top left doesn't necessarily mean anything. I have maybe 3-4 of these and is just random Famicom titles (Early titles).
Finfami
Famicom

« Reply #1534 on: July 09, 2018, 07:04:56 PM »

What game is this? There is no info when searching with the game name so maybe the name is invented by bootleggers and picture is stolen somewhere? Image attached.
MaarioS
AV Famicom
Poland Poland

« Reply #1535 on: July 09, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »

I believe this is Fist of the North Star or Hokuto no Ken but I have no clue which part of the series it is
Retrospectives
AV Famicom

« Reply #1536 on: July 09, 2018, 09:43:50 PM »

Yep, is Hokuto No Ken. Northern Ken is what the Chinese translated from Hokuto = Northern Ken/Kobushi 拳 = First, so basically is just a direct translation whereas the pirates seem to have think the name of the character (Kenshiro) is Ken, because in Chinese is pronounced Quan or something similar. Nobody say Kobushi about a fist when it come to fighting though....Sounds silly, Hokuto no Kobushi, ahahaha.  Cheesy

P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #1537 on: July 10, 2018, 12:30:16 AM »

In the Swedish version his name was also shortened down to "Ken" I remember. Probably Kenshiro is a bit hard to remember.

Retrospectives
AV Famicom

« Reply #1538 on: July 10, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »

Yeah even in Japan version nickname is simply Ken. In fact no matter if made in TW or China, Japan anime was always huge (although most things Japanese in TW is popular), so I think they were aware name of him simply as Ken.
Tetouani85
Famicom
Morocco Morocco

« Reply #1539 on: October 29, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »

I found this game under the name (Bruce lee 2)  in a multicart  Undecided
And when i search for it on internet i found nothing.
What game is this ?

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 03:25:56 PM by Tetouani85 » Logged
Dreammary
Famiclone
United States United States

Iíll trade you this key for a cookie!

« Reply #1540 on: October 29, 2018, 03:09:17 PM »

Thatís Spartan X 2; Itís a fun game isnít it?
I have a multi cart with the same titling on the label.

By a simple switching of mirror Super Mario Bros. will become Dream Mary!
Tetouani85
Famicom
Morocco Morocco

« Reply #1541 on: October 29, 2018, 03:16:48 PM »

Thatís Spartan X 2; Itís a fun game isnít it?
I have a multi cart with the same titling on the label.
thanks man  Grin
Dreammary
Famiclone
United States United States

Iíll trade you this key for a cookie!

« Reply #1542 on: October 29, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »

Of course, thatís what Iím here for.

By a simple switching of mirror Super Mario Bros. will become Dream Mary!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: