Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Zycrow

I'm working on my Blaster Master now. It's always been very high on my "to-beat" list ever since I read the old Worlds of Power novelization when I was a kid. My NES is going to be weary by the end of it since I'm leaving it on the whole time. Hopefully the power won't go out in the next couple days.  :-[
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

nerdynebraskan

Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

UglyJoe

Gall Force: Eternal Story (FDS).  Pretty cool shooter by HAL.  Has anyone else played this?

Issun

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 17, 2014, 07:13:45 am
Gall Force: Eternal Story (FDS).  Pretty cool shooter by HAL.  Has anyone else played this?

Yup, although I've only tried it briefly when I bought it. Got to a boss that took forever to destroy, my arm hurt so bad afterwards for all the button mashing. I now have a Hu Joycard so I'll probably give it a spin again someday.

Today I started Kawa no Nushi Tsuri. I did a lot of  fishing and got all the equipment from the first village, then I fished some more for cash and leveled up to 11HP. I think I'll venture further downstream this evening.

fredJ

Gall Force: Yes, I made a video of it. Man, that is a tough game (in my opinion) due to the limited continues. I read it is pretty short so probably beatable with practice... I think I made it to rescue 4 or 5 out of the 7. But it is frustrating.
I recommend to play with a good quality turbo-controller.
Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

nerdynebraskan

I played a little Great Battle Cyber this morning.

GohanX

I haven't played any FDS games in a while since my Famicom is a little flakey, so I finally modded my NES top loader and converter to work with Famicom expanded audio. Popped in Doki Doki Panic and JOY! It worked. This game is awesome.

P

Quote from: Issun on May 17, 2014, 07:25:53 am
Today I started Kawa no Nushi Tsuri. I did a lot of  fishing and got all the equipment from the first village, then I fished some more for cash and leveled up to 11HP. I think I'll venture further downstream this evening.

Oh Kawa no Nushi Tsuri, that's my favourite fishing game series! I love the battle music in the first game. :)

Issun

Quote from: P on May 18, 2014, 05:54:44 am
Oh Kawa no Nushi Tsuri, that's my favourite fishing game series! I love the battle music in the first game. :)

:) Legend of the River King on Gameboy is one of my favorite games so it's fun to see where it all began. The Famicom game is much simpler in design (and aptly so, being the first in the series) and there's more emphasis on level grinding, but I'm having loads fun and it shares a lot of the same ambiance as the Gameboy game. As of now, I'm preparing to leave Chuuryuu, need to build a few more levels just in case though.

nerdynebraskan

Rocman X... probably one of the best Sachen games, but that's not saying much of course. I actually beat the first phase of one of the stages for the first time, too.

Zycrow

Yesterday I got to the end of Blaster Master and was absolutely crushed several times by the final area. I did not realize the game had limited continues until I had used up three, and eventually I made it to Plutonium Boss on my last two lives on my last continue. He beat me both times - the second time I got past his first form - and then it was back to the title screen.

Since I'm not thrilled about leaving my NES on for several days again while I slog back to the end of the game, I'll probably use a level select Game Genie code to jump back to the end.
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

smeghead

Kunio Kun Nekketsu Soccer League aka Goal 3 , lately this is the game i play the most of time, because i love soccer and can't wait to watch World Cup in Brazil!!!

fcgamer

Quote from: nerdynebraskan on May 18, 2014, 11:35:10 am
Rocman X... probably one of the best Sachen games, but that's not saying much of course. I actually beat the first phase of one of the stages for the first time, too.

Oh I am terrible at that game, and that would definitely not be on my top ten list of Sachen games, lol.  Maybe I need to give it another chance.
Family Bits - Check Progress Below!

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpress.com

ImATrackMan

Finally got my copy of Kira Kira Star Night last Thursday and beat the Level 1 difficulty this morning before school. For a short game with a pretty simple concept, it's actually pretty tough. In my opinion, it's worth every cent, if anyone here was considering getting it.

Issun

I'm currently playing Radia Senki: Reimeihen on the Famicom. Pretty awesome game!