Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Protoman

Arkanoid 1 and 2. I just got a boxed version of Arkanoid 2 with controller. And I see you can connect the controller that came with Arkanoid 1 into the Arkanoid 2 controller for 2 paddle controller multiplayer. Very nice although I don't have the Arkanoid 1 controller.
It contols well though, I like how the paddle on screen always jumps to the place the knob is on the controller, so you never have to recalibrate yourself so to speak.

mrtselevel

Been playing Pizza Pops. Pretty much cant wipe a smile off my face when playing it  ;D

Ghegs

Got and finished Yume Penguin Monogatari on the first go, another easy title. But very entertaining and fun. The concept is something that probably wouldn't be received too well today, so that's interesting too.

And keeping with Konami games, I've been playing the first Castlevania to get my more difficult action-platformer fix.

Shumi Nagaremono

After picking up Samurai Pizza Cats at Hard-Off this weekend, I've been hooked.  Incredibly fun little title.  I can't stop thinking that this is what the first Ninja Turtles game *should* have been. 

HyperDuel

Contra FC and I beat it 1CC and got to half way of the second loop before I said screw it and lost my lives.  After all these years I found it to be easy. :p
A.K.A.:  preparefordescent

BaconBitsKing

I just beat Kirby a third time. That game is really short, but I can't stop playing every time I come back to it.

nerdynebraskan

Power Blazer and Power Blade (NES)

I just got the former a few days ago from senseiman, and I pulled the NES remake off the shelf for the first time in a couple of years to compare them directly. The NES version definitely has more polish, but it's strange to see two such different games sharing the same soundtrack.

As I was playing Power Blazer earlier, my partner came in, looked at the screen and asked, "What is this? Off-brand Mega Man?" Yes, it pretty much is.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

zmaster18

Just played all my Nintendo games: Clu Clu Land, Mario Bros, Golf, and other pulseline games. I'd like to have every single Nintendo-made game for the Famicom one day :) So far I have these pulseline games:

-Donkey Kong
-Donkey Kong Jr
-DK JR Math
-Popeye's English
-Pinball
-Mario Bros.
-Gomokunarabe

I used to have more like Popeye, DK3, Mahjong, etc. I never see the pulseline sports games for sale, someone's gonna have to hook me up with those.

nerdynebraskan

Started my day off with a bit of Kaiketsu Yancha Maru 3, Salamander, and Space Shadow.

GameFAQs reports that KYM3 was actually developed by Micronics, which would have to make it by far the best game they programmed for NES/FC. They screwed up so many arcade ports for so many great companies it's a mystery how they kept finding work. But that might be part of the reason why KYM3 doesn't seem as good as KYM2.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

liquidco2

I received kirby today, oh my god I've been missing out
I only ever played kirby on the gameboy and it doesn't even compare to the FC

found a new favourite game!

Zycrow

Quote from: liquidco2 on May 18, 2015, 12:06:34 pm

Definitely a highlight of the console. A favorite of mine as well - have played through it many, many times.

Got 42 stages into Solomon no Kagi. By that point my FC had been switched on for about three days, so I finally decided to cut it off after attempting stage 42 several times. Tough game! At some point I'll probably try to get through it again. Sure wish it had a password feature.
Favorites: Castlevania, Metroid, Namco 18

Protoman

Ninja Gaiden, got to 4-1 then gave up for this time.

liquidco2

Quote from: Zycrow on May 21, 2015, 08:35:51 am

Definitely a highlight of the console. A favorite of mine as well - have played through it many, many times.

Got 42 stages into Solomon no Kagi. By that point my FC had been switched on for about three days, so I finally decided to cut it off after attempting stage 42 several times. Tough game! At some point I'll probably try to get through it again. Sure wish it had a password feature.

just finished kirby, definately a highlight, I had only played the gameboy version before, I can see myself playing it again for sure...
but for now I'm going to move onto hebereke.

P

Quote from: Zycrow on May 21, 2015, 08:35:51 am

I think that's about my record as well. Maybe I've beaten 42 but not much more than that. The levels gets really tough after that.

Silius

At the moment I play 'Kanshaku tamanage Kantarō no Tōkaidō Gojūsan-tsugi' a lot - I really like the simple graphics and the game mechanics!