Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DahrenDreamcast

November 28, 2015, 02:01:12 am #2790 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 09:57:32 am by DahrenDreamcast
Ninja Turtles!

Post Merge: November 28, 2015, 09:57:29 am

Bit of Double Dragon  :)

Nintendo Child <3

Nightstar699

I just got done with a 1CC run of Salamander, I died once, at the escape sequence at the end... sometimes I'm able to get by that sequence unscathed, haven't really mastered the timing on it yet.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

DahrenDreamcast

December 04, 2015, 02:52:37 pm #2792 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:06:34 pm by DahrenDreamcast
My New Sony Bravia 15" 4:3

Post Merge: December 04, 2015, 03:06:33 pm

Can not beat and I love it!

Nintendo Child <3

Nightstar699

Two of my favorites in a row, brilliant! I've learned to run Gradius II lately... I looped it 5 times the other day, and I swear it did not change much at all between loops.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

famicom guy

Cheetahmen

Megaman 2. Got to Wily Stage 4 and then just gave up on the boss because I couldn't be arsed to farm for powerups to beat it in two goes :\
Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

famicom guy

December 06, 2015, 06:37:31 am #2796 Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 04:37:09 pm by famicom guy
Spiderman 2 (ninja ryukenden 3 hack)

DahrenDreamcast

Double Dragon again earlier....I can't beat mission 4 yet....

Then some Kirby  :)

Nintendo Child <3

Nightstar699

DahrenDreamcast

Yes...I've tried many different techniques to get past them....one I thought worked was...1st wall, stay close by and walk as the top pillar comes and 2nd wall, as far out as possible...but...I've been caught many times..i have progressed further in stage 4 to where you have to get on a lift, and every time I jump kick on to it...I miss it! I'm reluctant to watch a video (I kind of think that's cheating!) but...man! I can't finish it...

Up to stage 8 now on Kid Niki on one credit....stage 8....finding that hard too!
Nintendo Child <3

Nightstar699

As someone who's no-death ran Double Dragon quite a few times... unfortunately, my friend, there is no guaranteed pattern you can use. The pillar patterns are 100% random, The only advice I can give is, if you get knocked down, wake up with a jump forward so *MAYBE* you can get away quickly, but this only works with certain patterns. Also, I tend to have better luck if I walk closer to the edge of the platform.

Oh, another little bit of advice I can give is to wait for the first pillar to come out high so you can safely walk under it... of course, there's always a chance of landing and getting immediately clocked by the next one, but at least that's one guaranteed out of the way.

I'm telling you, the pillars in stage 4 of Famicom Double Dragon are horrendous - right up there with the Cube Rush in arcade Gradius III in terms of its random bullshit factor, but the Cube Rush is even worse since it A) lasts longer, so there's way more randomness to survive, B) kills you in one hit guaranteed, and C) takes way longer to get to, as opposed to the 10-ish minutes it takes to get to stage 4 of Double Dragon.

Speaking of Gradius, I did two no-death loops of Gradius on Famicom this morning... then no-deathed SD Hero Soukessen. Fun times.

DahrenDreamcast

I just lost all 3 lives on the pillars! frustrating...i'll try again tomorrow :)

Nice one on your completions.....I havent completed any games from Sunday to Sunday...

Rotated a few games....I will beat double dragon soon (I actually have 1-3 in my collection) but...would like to beat the original 1st!
Nintendo Child <3

M-Tee

Just beat Street Fighter 2010  (through heavy savestate use over the course of a week's worth of subway rides on my phone).

Despite it's heavy difficulty level, the game would be completely playable if only your weapon didn't also become weaker every time you took a hit.

Graphics are gorgeous though. Background and alien designs are all great. Would highly suggest a playthrough for anyone even moderately capable of playing difficult action platformers.

Nightstar699

One of my absolute favorites... although, I'm in agreement that your weapon downgrading from simply taking a hit is excessively cruel, especially considering the game's high randomness factors, and how wide the gap is from default weapon to fully powered up.

Then again, I'd probably consider it the 3rd hardest Famicom game after Holy Diver and Makaimura... only managed to no-death it once, when I got perfect luck on all the crucial parts.

P

Really? I beat it before. I played a lot more Solomon no Kagi without beating it... I think. I can't beat Makaimura or Holy Diver.