FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

JC

Paul-FC

i played

super mario bros 8

super mario 13

UglyJoe

My games arrived!  Just played Rampart and Quarth.

MaxXimus

November 29, 2007, 04:50:04 pm #334 Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 05:42:55 pm by MaxXimus
Quote from: popibros1 on November 29, 2007, 02:28:23 pm
i played

super mario bros 8

super mario 13

Do you have the "official" pirated cart of Super Mario Bros 8 or just a rom? I'm sure FamicomFreak will pay lots of money for it. He's been searching for a long time.

FamicomFreak

MaxXimus

MaxXimus

FamicomFreak would be willing to pay a bunch for it if you interested in selling.

FamicomFreak

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profeta Yoshitake

The last Famicom game played by me was Arkanoid 2,
with the special analog controller!
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union

MaxXimus

I just beat Super Mario World, and I must say that though there are many similarities, the Famicom port is its own unique game, and even though some of the gameplay mechanics are off(like jumping for instance) I very much enjoyed it and look forward to going through the game again!

I also found a bunch of glitches(I am a sucker for glitches) like:

- freezing shells in the air
- getting yoshi into castles

There were a few more, but those are the notables.

Anyways, as I said before, great game! Maybe I'll try to play through Somari soon, though I doubt it. Even though owning the cart is cool, the game is so messed up in terms of mechanics(jumping, responce, level of difficulty, etc) that it may not be worth it. I will however go through and try the levels with the level select code I found on the net.(LDBARUABUDUD then Start after you hear the chime"done at the title screen") I played a few and they seemed neat in terms of level design.

JC

I'm glad we have another SMW fan here. Most gamers who play this version poopoo it because it's not like the original. :P

MaxXimus

December 11, 2007, 01:35:06 am #342 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 02:05:40 am by MaxXimus
In all truthfullness I actually found it more enjoyable in some ways. It also makes me wonder what the original official SMW for the FC/NES would have been like.

How many people on the forums have this cart?(pirated SMW)

JC

About 4 or 5 people have the cart.

Profeta Yoshitake

The last game I played was Dr. Mario!
I'm getting sick bad, but Dr. Mario did not help me out!
I have had too many overdoses, and the God-damned
doctor keeps throwing pills inside my mouth!
I'm too addicted to stop playing this game. I think that
I'm going to stop only when the top UberNES table of
records' score
is mine!
Ah! I'm ZEMO there!
Now Playing: Dragon Ball Fusions, Yggdra Union