Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Matias

Quote from: famifan on March 01, 2013, 08:25:00 amjust played Angry birds, Plants vs Zombies for famicom.  :crazy: EPIC ;D
the music is irritating like in seikumatsu

There's actually carts for these games or just homebrew/hacked ROMs?

Last Famicom game i've played is Donkey Kong 3.

famifan

Quote from: Matias on March 03, 2013, 09:19:47 pm
Quote from: famifan on March 01, 2013, 08:25:00 amjust played Angry birds, Plants vs Zombies for famicom.  :crazy: EPIC ;D
the music is irritating like in seikumatsu

There's actually carts for these games or just homebrew/hacked ROMs?

unlis carts with rather original game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGxeTht2UI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF2CGMFJh5Y

lobdale

Nightstar699

Good work. The original happens to be my favorite Rockman game. I just beat Rockman 3, though.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

lobdale

Thanks!  I've somehow beaten most of the other ones at various times in my life, but the original I just was never able to really sit down with and take it out.  It actually ended up being pretty easy when I got down to it.

Nightstar699

Ah, congratulations. I too have beaten all the Mega Man games, and I find the original to be fairly easy. Others claim it to be the hardest in the series, which I find rather absurd. I just didn't find anything in it which was genuinely difficult, and I originally beat it when I was 8 or so. I guess a couple parts of Dr. Wily's stages were tricky the first time, but once I found out what to do, they're extremely easy too. But then again I don't think any of the original Mega Man games are hard, in fact I think they have the perfect balanced level of difficulty.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

manuel

L___E___T

Over Horizon, it's much more fun than I expected - especially with the whole Weapon edit mode and Option mode.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

JessicaWolf

I am actually quite enjoying my copy of Momotaro Densetsu, even if it is giving my Japanese skills a bit of a work out  :-[
Here are a few games I am looking for right now
Super Puzzle Fighter II X (Sega Saturn)
GeGeGe no Kotarou (Sega Saturn)
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu (Sega Saturn)
KiKi KaiKai (PC Engine) (CIB)
Puzzle Bobble (Super Famicom) (CIB)

Nightstar699

Bucky O'Hare and Flintstones: Surprise At Dinosaur Peak. I beat Flintstones: SADP, but I couldn't really get into Bucky. I'll try again later.

manuel

Nightstar699

Beat Mickey Mouse III, wonderful game. I shall attempt it on hard mode after work today.

son_ov_hades

Nightstar699

I just beat Gimmick. (And no, I didn't get the good ending. I don't know where all the secret items are, I only got the first one. I might replay it later to get the good ending) I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, but I still stand by my opinion. Exceptional graphics and music, but the gameplay wasn't my cup of tea. Only a couple parts of the game seemed difficult to me, and they seemed difficult in a bad way. More frustrating than they were genuinely challenging. I didn't care much for your weapon, either... perhaps I'm just impatient, but because of how slow it is, how weird the arc it shoots in, and the fact that you have to charge it up before shooting left me really bored at times where I'd miss a shot, and have to wait for it to clear the screen. It's certainly different, very unique platformer. I thought it was fun, but I wouldn't consider it a favorite of mine. The balloon weapon in Mickey Mouse III seems similar in the sense you can ride on the balloon after you created it, but that concept seems executed a lot better in Mickey Mouse III. That said, I reiterate, I did enjoy Gimmick. The fact that the A.I. seemed to react to my inputs was pretty cool, a feature I haven't seen much in platformers. The graphics were exceptional, I found myself really digging the designs of the stages, and many of the boss and enemy characters. I like it.

tonev

I was just playing donkey kong jr and realized that the game is 31 years old and still fun to play.
I am back everyone :)