Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

Zero107

So I sat down 20 minutes ago to play my Famicom, when I realized it's been on since last night. It was pretty damn warm near the vents, and the RF port almost burnt my damn finger. Just played a little Blade Buster on my Everdrive, and damn, it was awesome being able to play it on actual hardware.

The reason my Famicom was on last night was because I was playing UTACO , a neat music game based on the above famicase entry. The creator said you can use the Player 2 mic to actually "sing", registering hits, but it apparently doesn't work.
http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9915
Source above.
I'll probably die surrounded by plastic crap.

Nightstar699

I have a fear of coming home from work and seeing that my Famicom was accidentally left on. I seriously check it like 5 times before I leave.  have never heard of Blade Buster until now but I did look up a couple screenshots of it, and oddly enough some of the screenshots resembled a shoot 'em up while others resembled a platformer. Huh.

Last Famicom game I played was Bananan Ouiji No Daibouken, one of my favorites. This time I was able to pass the quiz sections thanks to a Japanese website I found which contained the answers. Victory is mine, the Bell Pepper King was defeated!
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

P

Wow that homebrew game Utaco is amazing although very hard! I tried it in Nestopia and the mic do seem to work. Zero, do your mic work on any other game like Zelda or Palutena no Kagami? My mic only works when it wants to in Zelda and it never seems to work when I'm in a shop in Palutena, so this game would be impossible to play with the mic for me. I suspect it just needs some cleaning though.

Oh and Blade Busters has good music too!

manuel

Wow, does it really get that warm?
Back in the day I left the NES on for 2 or 3 weeks once (playing through SMB3).  ;D

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nerdynebraskan

Just played a little Tetris Flash and Yoshi no Tamago, alongside the US versions of Tetris 2 and Yoshi. The two games are the same on both sides of the Pacific, aside from somewhat different title screens on Tetris 2/Flash.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Zero107

May 01, 2013, 09:15:10 pm #2092 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 11:10:36 pm by Zero107
Quote from: Nightstar699 on May 01, 2013, 12:13:03 am
I have a fear of coming home from work and seeing that my Famicom was accidentally left on. I seriously check it like 5 times before I leave.  have never heard of Blade Buster until now but I did look up a couple screenshots of it, and oddly enough some of the screenshots resembled a shoot 'em up while others resembled a platformer, huh.

Seriously, I'm like that too. I treat my Famicom with more love and respect than I did my ex-girlfriend. (Kidding) But yeah, I left it on. Don't smoke pot and neglect your treasured imported consoles, kids. Blade Buster is fun. As P said, the music is excellent. It's a caravan shooter like Star Soldier, but better.
Quote from: manuel on May 01, 2013, 06:10:59 am
Wow, does it really get that warm?
Back in the day I left the NES on for 2 or 3 weeks once (playing through SMB3).  ;D

Seriously, the RF port felt like a pan over a stove. Whoa, that's insane. Was the NES OK?
Quote from: P on May 01, 2013, 02:58:15 am
Wow that homebrew game Utaco is amazing although very hard! I tried it in Nestopia and the mic do seem to work. Zero, do your mic work on any other game like Zelda or Palutena no Kagami? My mic only works when it wants to in Zelda and it never seems to work when I'm in a shop in Palutena, so this game would be impossible to play with the mic for me. I suspect it just needs some cleaning though.

Oh and Blade Busters has good music too!
That's the thing, my mic works with both Zelda and Palutena no Kagami, so I just assumed the function in UTACO didn't work on actual hardware.
Last Famicom game I played was All Night Nippon Super Mario Bros. It was fun playing as Luigi, but my friend kept shouting in the mic...
I'll probably die surrounded by plastic crap.

Nightstar699

Ah, I didn't even know Blade Buster was a homebrew game. And here I was wondering why I had never heard of it, it looks cool though. Mickey Mouse III: Yume Fuusen was the last game I played.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

shonenx

just finished playing Legend of Kage read about it hear
OUCH! What do you do ?

Wlc

nerdynebraskan

Just had my first taste of Micro Genius. Bought Creatom and Thunder Warrior from fcgamer. They came in the mail today, and I just got done testing them. Thunder Warrior has the potential to be a decent platformer, but the controls aren't the tightest. We'll see if I can get used to them. Creatom is an odd puzzle game. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do yet.

Nightstar699

Ah, I love Thunder Warrior! Although my copy of it only works on my clone, and I have to take the board out of the cartridge before it will play... regardless, I love the Chinese mythological theme of it, and the music is great. The bosses are pretty cool too. I'd consider the main flaw of Thunder Warrior to be how underpowered your character is if you die, therefore losing all your powerups. The difficulty of this game is similar to that of a shoot 'em up, in that regard.

I've been playing lots of Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 2: Karakuri Land today. I had a strong suspicion that there existed hidden bonus rooms in this game, besides the few I had already found. Sure enough, I proved my suspicion correct. Secret bonus rooms found in the Forest Railroad, and the Maze (2nd to last level).

nerdynebraskan

Thunder Warrior's platforming controls are similar to Ninja Jajamaru: Ginga Daisakusen. The jump is entirely too short, and there's an over-reliance on a less-than-easy-to-use dash mechanism to compensate. Still, both games have a lot to offer, and I'll try to adapt.

Do you have an original Micro Genius cart? That's what I bought, and it plays perfectly on my AV Famicom (at least the first level, which is all I've seen as I'm terrible so far at the game).

Nightstar699

Yes, my copy is 100% original (I've never seen a pirated copy of it unless you count the Gluk version). And I've never once gotten it to work on my AV Famicom, I've gotten it to work twice on my Famiclone, I had to take the board out and put it in the console, then move it around in a very specific way before it'd load up. Then when I finally got it to work for the first time, after 2 years of owning it... I beat it. Twice. It was awesome, but I've never gotten it to work since.

I'll have to try Ginga Daisakusen someday, the only Jajamaru game I own is the original Ninja Kun.