Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightstar699

I think I might have it on a multicart, in case you wanted that.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nerdynebraskan

I just played some TwinBee. This is really pretty solid, especially for an early release.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Nightstar699

June 01, 2013, 08:54:56 pm #2177 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:40:32 am by Nightstar699
Akumajo Special: Boku Dracula Kun
Choujin Sentai Jetman (On Very Hard mode)
Rockman 3

Post Merge: June 02, 2013, 08:40:32 am

Choujin Sentai Jetman. Beat it on Very Hard mode without dying, only used Black Condor.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nerdynebraskan

I just played Kickle Cubicle (NES) and Meikyuu Shima (FC) back-to-back for the first time to really see the differences in them (and there are several).

Nightstar699

Bucky O'Hare. Beat without using any continues.

UglyJoe

Quote from: Nightstar699 on June 03, 2013, 06:15:32 pm

Nice.  Good memorization skills :D

Nightstar699

Quote from: UglyJoe on June 03, 2013, 07:16:02 pm
Quote from: Nightstar699 on June 03, 2013, 06:15:32 pm

Nice.  Good memorization skills :D

Thanks! Even after memorizing all the level layouts, certain parts of this game still seem very difficult for me. For example, in Red Planet, the scene where you're being chased down platforms by lava streams. I'm bound to die at least once on that part, I've never cleared it on my first try.

nerdynebraskan

I just played some Seikima II. I actually beat the first two stages, before running out of steam. I'm going to be reselling this one. It has some unique charm, but the repetitive gameplay and irritating jump mechanics are just not doing it for me.

nerdynebraskan

I broke out the Power Pad and the FC-to-NES adapter to try my Family Trainer games for the second time. After warming up with a little Short Order/Eggsplode (NES), I tried both Family Trainer 8: Totsugeki! Fuun Takeshijou and Family Trainer 5: Meiro Daisakusen. I didn't really figure either out, and I'm not sure if there's a hardware incompatibility or if I'm just an idiot. (I have been pretty slow to figure out US Power Pad games.) I'm hoping to get this worked out, because I do actually get a kick out of these PP/FT games.

Nightstar699

Tokkyu Shirei Solbrain! Figuring out some good uses for what are usually thought of as the weaker bots in the game. For example, I found that  Beta/Alpha/Alpha is actually really helpful in the second half of Area B. This is perhaps the most situational bot in the game, and is completely useless in a majority of circumstances.

nerdynebraskan

I spent the last couple of hours playing three new pirate multicarts I picked up in town this afternoon. The 102-, 146-, and 9999999- in-1 each only had five to seven unique games apiece on them. I had a sampling of the very common Battle City and Road Fighter. (Battle City was actually on all three of them.) Mostly I played the one uncommon game apiece that was on the multis. One had Sqoon, which I also have for the NES but hadn't played it in a year or so. The next had Magic Jewelry on it, which is a pretty enjoyable pirate puzzle game. The last one actually had Dr. Mario on it.

Nightstar699

June 14, 2013, 08:42:47 pm #2186 Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:43:23 am by Nightstar699
Battle City... I have yet to come across a high-number multicart which doesn't contain that game on it, I swear it's on them all! I beat a few of my new games today.

Power Blazer - It was incredibly difficult, I believe stage 4 took me more tries than any other. (Or maybe it was stage 6... the one with the insane platforming over fire pits.) Despite the much weaker protagonist, I think I like this game even better than its U.S. counterpart, Power Blade.

Spartan X-2 - On the other hand, this definitely is among the easiest games I've ever played. Beat it on the normal difficulty setting. I think it might be my favorite beat 'em up, I adore the music and graphics in it. The gameplay was fast paced, fun and satisfying. I will go for a no-death run of this later.

Cocoron - Despite this being my first day ever playing it, I'd already consider it to be among my favorite games ever. Definitely going to be replaying this game with many different character combinations.

Post Merge: June 15, 2013, 09:43:23 am

Just got done with my no-death run of Spartan X-2. My final score was 122,290. I had 7 spare lives remaining. Next up I shall play Kamen No Ninja Hanamaru, then Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 3.

nerdynebraskan

Yeah, Battle City is actually a really solid game. I'm a little surprised it didn't get released over here on the NES. And I really need to sit down with my copy of Cocoron someday. I was really impressed with that when I picked one up a while back.

Tonight, I tried to figure out a couple of games I've been having trouble with. I played a bit of Creatom, and was just as baffled with it as I was the first time I played it. Then I tried a bit of Crazy Climber. It seemed like I got into a rhythm for a while, but fell out of rhythm just as quickly and died before completing the first stage.

Nightstar699

Unfortunately I'm not sure if you'll be able to get any help with Creatom... it seems to be rare enough that very few people have ever played it. Perhaps there is a Creatom expert out there who'll show you the ropes someday. I've never even seen how Creatom plays, but from your descriptions I'm surprised at how complex it seems.

Definitely give Cocoron another chance... I know I will, I want to beat it with as many different character combinations as possible! Last Famicom game I played was Time Zone.

nerdynebraskan

I had a buddy over, and we passed the controller back and forth with both Magic Jewelry (pirate port of Sega's Columns) and then Puzslot. I also let him check out my copy of Robocco Wars, but I didn't actually play it today.