Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thegreatgonzo

Cool beans. Gotta love how the Japanese can make anything more interesting!
Wonder if they made any other games of the sequels?
Dance, puppets... dance!

son_ov_hades

That's the only one Namco ever made. There were later games made by a different company, whose name escapes me at the moment. They more closely followed the story though.

thegreatgonzo

Just asking anyone who is out there.. has Bio Miracle (AKA Baby Mario) ever been included on a multicart? ???
Dance, puppets... dance!

FamicomFreak

Last game I played was Gradius 2. I hate dying in the first level though.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nurd

LOL GRADIUS.

Gradius is so hard. :(

I need to use a game genie and konami code just to get to those volcano things on level 1. :(

MaxXimus

The Lion King, and Magic Dragon.

FamicomFreak

awww come on just keep trying and stop cheating you son of a beach
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

nurd

TOO FUCKING HARD.

Even with a ridiculous controller, it's too hard.

JC

I just received and played all my pirates from Argentina. Awesome! A few highlights:

Dance Dance Revolution -- Decently OK (and is difficult to match up the arrows to score points, but has an upbeat version of Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On!"

World Heroes -- your average fighter, but the way the dudes fight is cool. They have flowing garb. It's neat to see them jump through the air.

Aladdin II -- Kinda neat how Aladdin jumps and hangs. Otherwise, I didn't get to into it.

The Dragon -- the best game of the lot! Not only is it fun, but it's got two language options: English and Arabic. Yes, Arabic. I've never seen something like that before. Really cool. The fighters are ripped from Mortal Kombat, but nothing else is. It's not like any of the other fighters. These dudes actually worked hard to make the game. They didn't just steal everything.

Fatal Fury 2 -- Terrible. I would never want to play it again. It's piss poor ripoff of SF pirates.

Mickey Mania -- awesome because it's in black and white, except for Mickey. At least the first level is. It's tough, but fun.

Super Donkey Kong -- this is unlike any I've seen. I can't wait to post screens of this one. Everything about the game is great. I think it's the original pirated Super Donkey Kong, not some later version.

Earthworm Jim 2 -- poor compared to Earthworm Jim 3. It's rough and tough. I'll have to tackle it again when I have patience.

I got a few more games, but haven't tried them: Super Bros. 8, Toy Story, etc.

thegreatgonzo

Sounds like you got some nice gems, JC!
Jealousy has reared its ugly head...
:o
Dance, puppets... dance!

manuel

133MHz

MaxXimus

It seems that no matter how hard FamicomFreak searches for this game, everyone but him can find it. :P

JC

I actually didn't play my copy of SB8 yesterday, even though I had just gotten it. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow. :P

corisco

Currently playing two:

Moon Crystal and Magical Kids Doropie - this one is pretty hard!
^^