Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thegreatgonzo

Dance, puppets... dance!

manuel

JC

Quote from: corisco on June 18, 2008, 05:50:58 am
Moon Crystal

I really want this game, but I never seen any loose on YHJ. It's one of the first Fami-exclusives that was recommended to me.

ericj

A pirate fds version of Super Pig's Aki to Tsukasa no Fushigi no Kabe    :-[

thegreatgonzo

I played Macross, TwinBee, Arkanoid, Millipede and Pandamar all on my Power Joy 008 cart! 8)
Dance, puppets... dance!

FamicomFreak

I played Mario 8 yet again and then baseball simulator 1.000!!! GREAT GAMES ESPECIALLY MARIO 8!!! AWAAAAAAAAAAAA
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

TheClash603

My roommate and I have been playing a lot of Hyper Sports.

We couldn't beat the triple-jump until we used a toothbrush to slide back and forth over the buttons for speed.  That hyper-shot controller can seriously take a beating.

But the last game I played was Teletubies...  a mario bros. hack.  Good times.

nurd

July 02, 2008, 02:33:57 pm #472 Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:45:05 pm by nurd

Do you need to press the buttons hard?

If not, hold the controller BACKWARDS so the buttons  are facing away.

Put your thumb on the back, pinky on the side, and  that other stupid finger on the side. I've found you can press buttons quickly with your Pointer and Middle fingers.

I dunno how big the Hyper controller thing is, though :P

AB Positive

wonder where that Power Joy 008 came from ;)

Actually atm been playing a lot of Nekketsu Hockey - mainly to try and write a review for this here site here. It's a good game, and should have one! :)

... ironically, I can't beat the girls' hockey team :( They're too fast!

Just started the fami collection... want to finish a pulse line collection to start. :)

corisco

Quote from: JC on June 27, 2008, 05:25:56 pm
Quote from: corisco on June 18, 2008, 05:50:58 am
Moon Crystal

I really want this game, but I never seen any loose on YHJ. It's one of the first Fami-exclusives that was recommended to me.

I got my copy(mint cib, yess!) on YAJ for 4.000 yens half-year ago, but sometimes you can see a very few copies there.
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d84587992 final price is pretty expensive, and the box are yellowed, 3 days remaining.
Did you try the Rakuten Auction? Maybe you can find a loose copy  there.

Turning to the subject, now I'm playing Hebereke, a pretty 1991 Sunsoft action game, Ufouria in Europe, I guess. Highly recommended ;)
^^

nurd

Kid Icarus. It's hard.

Oh, and a famicom game fits perfectly in a sega genesis game box.

thegreatgonzo

Yie Ar Kung Fu. First time playing I managed to get to level 13 before Game Over. Fun stuff!
Dance, puppets... dance!

Kuvio

Shin Onigashima. Ever since I saw the trophy of Donbe & Hikari on SSB Melee I've wanted to know what it's all about. Now that I can actually understand the dialogue in the game, I decided to buy it.

The story has many Japanese folklore themes (Momotarō comes to mind) and the music is fantastic (Koji Kondo). So far, I say Shin is a new found love for me. I love the cover art as well. Great stuff.

Sensei

Yesterday I played Burgertime (cart) and Moero TwinBee (FDS).

Since I test games for the store, on an average weekend I play between 30 and 50 Famicom games.  My life is good.  ;D
Buy retro games from Japan www.risingstuff.com

ericj

Just found out what the game I just played is called: Youkai Yashiki (Ghost House). Thanks to risingstuff.com's site ;)
My copy is a pirate disk, tho  :P