Last Famicom game you played?

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:47:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

Thought so.
After getting the Laser Discs of the trilogy (nerdy?) I owe it to my Famicom to get a copy of the game. :D

wentle85

Laser Discs!!! I heard that in Japan they actually had a "Hi-Def" LD player. Of course this was hi-def in a a late 90's sense. I've got a singe and a double LD version of A New Hope but I haven't gotten the rest of the trilogy yet. I mainly stick to Criterion Collection LD's. Do you collect laser discs as well Manuel?

manuel

I only own the Star Wars and Super Mario Bros. movie LDs.

FamicomFreak

Quote from: son_ov_hades on August 21, 2008, 04:36:36 pm
Quote from: thegreatgonzo on August 21, 2008, 08:39:36 am
Ha I had to reread the thread. When son_ov_hades said he was playing star wars... I thought you guys were talking about that game!
Back when he first joined he recommended star wars for me..

Wouldn't mind either a Don Doko Don 2 or Mario 8 someday though..

Namcot Star Wars rules! It was the second Famicom game I ever bought. You should definitely track down a copy.

I've seen it on ebay quite a few times and always goes for a little high price so I'm taking a guess that it's gotta  have something good in it.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

son_ov_hades

Quote from: manuel on August 21, 2008, 04:53:28 pm
Thought so.
After getting the Laser Discs of the trilogy (nerdy?) I owe it to my Famicom to get a copy of the game. :D

I only saw a Laser Disc in person once in my life. But yeah being a Famicom collector and Star Wars nerd, it's near blasphemy not to have the FC game. Oh and I have a Star Wars tattoo, I believe that's a win in the nerd contest.

wentle85

Yeah, even when they were produced LD's weren't widely known. The average price of one was around $80 bucks, way to much. Some feel that they have better visual quality than dvd's though. I just like to get the one's that were never released on dvd.

ericj

When I was in 9th grade, we watched several videos on laserdisc in my science class. I remember that they were big like records and shiny.

wentle85

Yeah, for some reason they were big with schools systems. I don't know why though. I remember there being National Geographic LD's at my school.

FamicomFreak

I played Chip & Dale 2 tonight. The game is not bad at all.

wentle85

I played Goonies for the first time. I was surprised how fun it is.

Stan

Ha, I was just going to say I played that.  Oh well, guess I'll go with Door Door.

FamicomFreak

Goonies is a great game I just can't believe it never came out on the US NES!! WTF IS THE DEAL WITH THAT!! The movie rocks too!

ericj

August 22, 2008, 06:48:42 am #552 Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:21:51 am by ericj
Quote from: FamicomFreak on August 21, 2008, 10:56:16 pm
Goonies is a great game I just can't believe it never came out on the US NES!! WTF IS THE DEAL WITH THAT!! The movie rocks too!

The Goonies was filmed in Astoria, Oregon. I've been to the house and other places from the movie. The town has a festival on every 5th anniversary (I think it's every 5 years) of the movie.

EDIT: Looks like they had a 20th anniversary festival (doesn't sound like it's every 5 years). I just moved to Oregon in 2002, so it was the only one I ever heard about. 

http://www.thegoonies.org/Goonies_20th.htm

wentle85

That is awesome. The Goonies is one of those movies that will be around as long as people are here to remember and find it.

JC

Quote from: wentle85 on August 22, 2008, 06:31:17 pm
That is awesome. The Goonies is one of those movies that will be around as long as people are here to remember and find it.

Until they remake it...they utterly destroyed Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with their recent remake. :P