Site Updates Thread

Started by Doc, August 01, 2006, 09:25:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UglyJoe

Just posted The Uninvited Gremlin's review of Harry's Legend: http://famicomworld.com/game/438/

MasterDisk

I am a bit confused about HL article:
-never got any music glitch.
-no buggy sprites.
-what's so buggy about this game?
-Aren't the controlls allright?

It's like you are comparing this game to SMB3...

Jedi Master Baiter

Looks like we have another Week of Garfield issue.

But doesn't Uninvited have the actual game? Otherwise, how would you have gotten those screenshots? ::)

NintendoKing

November 27, 2011, 08:32:26 pm #318 Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:43:29 pm by The Uninvited Gremlin
I do have the actual game on cartridge, there are two versions of HL:
One with a level select, repaired audio and such but my copy is presumably a earlier build as it has a slightly different title screen then most copies on cart(the one pictured in the review) and is much more messy looking programwise but still quite fun.

Edit- I also just bought a copy of the level select version of HL from Jordanloko the other day, hopefully it arrives soon so I can compare the two.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on November 27, 2011, 08:32:26 pm
there are two versions of HL:

That would've been nice to know!

Do they both use the same ID#?

NintendoKing

I do not know, JQ as both of the HL's I have are multicart versions.

NintendoKing

I do not even know if my current version comes on single cart but the level select version does.

JC

famifan

nice reviews!
Quote from: JC on January 29, 2012, 03:51:27 pm
Boogerman
Harry's Legend

i have these 2 carts. And "Boogerman" features 16-bit Sega quality (of cource, Sega Mega Drive!), so why did you compare it with snes version but not smd?

also, i can make some more pictures, if you need.

by the way, do you know that there are to different versions of boogerman? one comes from "Super Game", another from "Rex Soft" and called "Boogerman II"

JC

Yes, I'm aware. FW's gamelist has both versions listed.

UglyJoe

I got an email from Dreamhost today stating:

QuoteYour site will be migrated into our newest data center (located in the US - East Region, in Ashburn, Virginia) within about a week starting from November 29th. During the move you should not experience ANY interruption in service with one exception! If you have third party DNS (your domain does not point to our nameservers) or other services that connect to your domain via the IP address, you will need to update those outside records to match ours.

I'm not using a third party DNS and I'm almost positive that I don't have the site's IP address hardcoded anywhere.  However, Dreamhost has a knack for messing up things like this, so expect some outages next week.

MasterDisk

Forum time seems to be off by about 20 minutes for me :bomb:

UglyJoe

Yeah, the clock definitely seems off.  I'm not sure if I actually have control over that, though...

nintendodork

Seems to have fixed itself (for me, at least).  Strange.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

MasterDisk