Site Updates Thread

Started by Doc, August 01, 2006, 09:25:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomFreak

kewl I was just playing that game the other day.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Doc

JC

06/19/07 -- homepage has a link to the FW-sponsored World Championships Challenge.

Jedi Master Baiter

Can I use a Power Pak? :P It can play the NWC.

JC

Sure, but at this point you might be out of luck trying to find a ROM properly calibrated to 6:21.

manuel

Their site says "no emulation"...
That's sad, because it's quite limiting the competition. I mean, not really many people have that cart.

kite200

but with emus you cant confirm if the person used cheats or not, i think thats why they are doing that. but yeah, its gay
ステキ

manuel

I know that's a problem.
But still it isn't a real competition with only some people participating.

The repro guy must make some more! Some 100 more. ;)

JC

Yeah, kite's right. If we could figure out a way to do emulation without the two problems associated with it, then we would. Problem One is that most ROMs, if not all, don't have the proper internal timer for emulation to be fair; and Problem Two is that some peeps will cheat using Photoshop, which is much harder to detect in emulated images as opposed to digital camera pics.

UglyJoe

Quote from: JC on June 21, 2007, 05:10:36 pm
Problem Two is that some peeps will cheat using Photoshop, which is much harder to detect in emulated images as opposed to digital camera pics.
Why not photoshop, output your display to a TV, and then snap a picture? 

manuel

I wanted to say the same as UglyJoe.
Cheating is always possible, except you take a video.

Well, good luck, JC, with the competition. Win it for the glory of the FW forums!  :D

JC

I wasn't aware of this emulating to TV trick. I hope we don't get any cheaters....but someone always is out to ruin the fun.

JC

I kind of promised an update to the site today...and then I got lazy. So, all you get is kite's review of Kid Icarus, which you've probably already read. :P

HERE

JC

07/01/07 -- Site updated! Thanks to kite and FamicomFreak! :D

JC

Been a while since we've updated, but whatever...busy...

http://www.famicomworld.com/Oddities/Bubble_Bobble_Lost_Levels.htm

Couldn't decide if that first screenshot (Level 24) is legit. I vaguely remember that level and something about it seems wrong. :P