Site Updates Thread

Started by Doc, August 01, 2006, 09:25:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

famiac

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 03, 2009, 05:05:31 pm
Quote from: L___E___T on October 31, 2009, 07:02:20 am
would you consider changing the white background?  It looks generic and hurts my square eyes :)

Sorry for neglecting your question.  I'm doubtful we'll change the background, but what did you have in mind exactly?

i think he liked our old black background

MWK

Wow! The new layout is just awesome! All nice, clear and bright. Great job Gentleman!

nintendodork

I'd also like to point out that some of the recommended sellers are on longer registered on eBay.  You may want to remove a few links.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

UglyJoe

I didn't know we had recommended sellers anymore.  Can you post a link?

PatMan33

Just a commentary...

This section of the site that explains the history and whatnot of Famicom World is very close to being a little too self-serving and tacky. I dunno, it's just kind of weird to see a bunch of people talking about themselves and what they did, in that manner. Not many people outside of that specific group would really care or even know what you're talking about so why dedicate so much space (I know it really isn't that much space) to something that you can explain more meaningfully in a single paragraph?

The detailed history and your personal tales are something you could put on the forum for interested parties to peruse at their leisure. Your front end should be reserved for something more professional-sounding. Do a quick blurb about the founder, give your mission statement, extend a welcome to anyone that wishes to join, and leave it at that. What you have now almost seems to smack in the face of all of the effort you guys have gone through to make the site more legitimate.

manuel

Well, the front page is this:
http://famicomworld.com/

I didn't even realize the page was there, because I thought that "FW" link just leads back to the main page. :P

JC

FamicomJL/Doc wrote that a long time ago, it's just been a little updated here and there. Don't know how I feel about it, but because he always wanted it on the site, I left it in place (yes, it was on the former site too.). No doubt it could use some work.

nintendodork

Quote from: UglyJoe on November 07, 2009, 03:47:36 pm
I didn't know we had recommended sellers anymore.  Can you post a link?
Oh, I didn't realize they weren't on the site anymore.   Heh, I just remembered that on the old site, there were a few dead links.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

masaruh

Hey guys, what happened to the Famicom AV mod? It was located here: http://famicomworld.com/Workshop/AV_Mod.htm But now it is gone.

I assume it was just lost in the moving to the new site(looks nice btw!) or did you decide that you didn't want it anymore?

I'm not very active here(never even posted on the boards) but that page has a small place in my heart and I would love to see it back :-)

JC

Still moving content over. It'll be added at some point. I think 133MHz has some ideas for improving that article.

masaruh

I'll probably use the info in it for a mod soon. I could take some new pictures of the process if I'm successful and give them to you if you would like? If my memories serve me right those old pics were a bit... fuzzy and small(hardly unviewable though) :-)

If you would like of course, otherwise I'll keep my eyes open for your improvements on it.

manuel

If the pics were fuzzy and small, that was probably the biggest reason, that the article wasn't taken over yet.

PatMan33

Ahem... nice...

The random game I got today out on the front page was AV Poker. Good thing nobody checks this thing's history. :P

UglyJoe

Haha, sorry about that.  I should probably make a blacklist for that thing ;D

133MHz

November 23th, 2009: First update on the new website ;D