Site Updates Thread

Started by Doc, August 01, 2006, 09:25:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ericj

Yeah, using a proxy at work would be a good way to earn a pink slip.

UglyJoe

We've added a Feedback forum under the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.  This takes the place of the old Feedback thread.  Each user now gets their own feedback thread in the Feedback forum.  The link to a member's feedback thread (or a link to create one if the user has no feedback) can be found in their profile.

jpx72

God that must have been a tedious job to do... But with a great result! Thanks!

MS-DOS4

Thank you UglyJoe for your time committed to giving and checking feedback quick and easy.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

Bramsworth

Nice idea, must have been lots of work though. At least now it's easier to figure out someone's feedback.

ericj

Didn't there used to be a favicon for FW? I don't see one anymore.

UglyJoe

There always has been a favicon.  I just added more code to make it (hopefully) standards compliant, so try it again.

ericj

It's still missing in Firefox. I closed Firefox and tried a hard refresh, but it's still missing. The favicon DOES show up fine in Chrome and IE, just not Firefox.

UglyJoe

Just tried it with a fresh Firefox 4 install and it's working fine.  Dunno what to tell you, man :-\

ericj

It could be because I'm using an older version of FF. I'd update it, but there are some add-ons that I use that aren't compatible with the new version yet.

UglyJoe

You could try starting Firefox in safe mode, which disables all your extensions, and see if one of them is possibly causing the problem.  Do favicons work on other sites?

Also could try this:
QuoteType about:config in the address bar and do a search for "icons". Change "browser.chrome.favicons" and "browser.chrome.site_icons" to true/

ericj

Ah, it works now. I cleared cookies and restarted the browser. Sorry to waste your time on this.  :-[

UglyJoe

As I'm sure you'll notice, I've added another board titled: Technical & Repair Assistance.  Since the old "Technical & Repair Assistance" thread has grown unruly, a new board has been created to handle technical and repair questions.  Basically, anything that would have gone into the old uber-thread should now go in this board.

With any luck, a few choice answers to common questions can get stickied so that the technical members of the board don't have to spend their time answering the same things over and over again.  Speaking of which, I'd like to thank the aforementioned members for being so generous with their time and responding to technical questions.

UglyJoe

August 28, 2011, 05:14:43 pm #313 Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:10:30 pm by UglyJoe
A new site article has been posted: Famicom FM

Some of you might remember this from one of 133MHz's forum posts.  I thought it was an interesting thread and decided to convert it into a site article (with his permission).  This is something I'm considering doing with some other threads, so if there are any interesting threads on the forum that you think could make a good site article, please let me know.

jpx72

Ha nice, I haven't seen this one before, I'll probably use this to make fun of someone - with this "famicom FM station" :D
Great idea to put it on the main page! (By the way - very nicely done pictures for the article!)