March 29, 2024, 04:56:10 am

Introduce yourself...

Started by ClassicGameLabs, August 20, 2006, 08:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

classicgamer16

Hi guys!
Names Marcus
I am a small 17 year old xD haha.
I have been collecting old Nintendo games since I was about 12 with all the allowance money I would get from my parents for cleaning the house and mowing the yard.
I have roughly about 450 Nes carts from unlicensed to licensed. The biggest prize in my collection is a cheetahman II cart.
I have always been fascinated with pirate games like somari and world heroes 2. BUT I never knew where to go for them I would type in where to get them on google just out of hope to find one to buy thats not a thousand dollars on ebay haha.
I came across this site and in a week I spent a good 300 dollars on here lol. I seriously just exploded with excitement,
So yeah, hi haha.
"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."

nintendodork

How did you get Cheetahmen II? Is it loose/CIB/sealed? How much was it?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

classicgamer16

Loose
My fathers friend had it and my dad pretty much just asked for it and he gave it to him.
"You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike."

(^_^)

Hello everyone. 

I live in the UK, and collect consoles and games.  I hope to become a part of this community. 

I love the forum design. 

Quote from: Game.Genie on September 12, 2011, 09:31:09 pm
Hi guys. My name is Agustìn and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Famicom Clones and pirate carts have been my thing since I was a 5 year old. They are really really easy to find here in Argentina.
I ended up being a collector when I became a teenager, and having all sorts of Famiclones, pirate carts, Sega clones, Atari clones and licensed consoles and Home Computers that were made in Argentina such as Coleco Vision, Commodore, MSX or Sinclair.

Nowadays I'm starting to offer my services as a middleman for foreign people who would like to buy articles like the ones I've mentioned before on Argentina's eBay: Mercadolibre.com.ar

Nice to meet you all. The forum seems to be pretty good. I promise to participate as much as I can.

:star:

Hello Game.Genie.

I'm a big fan of famiclone consoles (the older ones particularly) and collect them, along with pirated carts.  I look forward to any possible future dealings. :redcart:

8bitE

Hey guys. Ninty fanboy at heart, but collector of all things that go beep bleep! I do the majority of my posting, and b/s/t over at the racketboy forums.

I'm glad to be here!
pew. pew! PEW!!

UglyJoe

Is that a Mr Oizo avatar?  Niiiice :bub:

8bitE

pew. pew! PEW!!

Mathius

Hello FW! Some of you may know me from PCFX. It's great to be here and I just finally got a working Twin Fami after years of waiting. I originally bought one from Japan back in '09. The system needed a belt replacement as is common with these machines, but it tuned out that the drive was damaged beyond repair. My friend Opethian from PCFX hooked me up with a fully functional model and I am awaiting my first batch of discs.

I already have on cart Contra, Wai Wai 2, something-or-other' Fantastic World (weird game!), Kid Drac, Crisis Force, and Donkey Kong Jr.

My system will be on display at the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee this March. I was part of last year's Turbofest with some PCFXers but this year we are expanding our reach into the main museum hall. The show is getting bigger and bigger every year and I advise anyone who loves retro gaming to come and join us!

mati

FamicomFreak

Welcome all new members! Glad to see new faces around here!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

8-bit-dreams

hello sir's , Ive been lurking around this site for quite sometime now and i am really a fan. just registered recently though.

i love the other gaming section and recent find threads. really makes me drool at finds of senseiman, nintendo dubouis, tappybot and etc.

hope to share some finds too, soon!

I love retro gaming and i collect retro game consoles and stuff. I live in the Philippines so retro gaming scene here i can say is not that active compared to other places but we do have some really great stuff in asia specially from japan.

Ive been collecting retro gaming stuff for about a year now and just put up a blog regarding my collections!
Pls. visit my retro gaming BLOG for my retro gaming collections and adventures. With photos !

http://8-bit-dreams.blogspot.com/

matorin57

Hey Guys, Im Matorin57, a c++ programmer and employed at a electrical engineering company. Currently looking for Famicom and games. Have any good games hit me up.

manuel

Welcome and thanks for your pm.  :)

BasiliskFang

Hi my name is Jon and I joined here to find my friend an AV Famicom bc he is totally jealous of the one that i bought from senseiman. i have been on gametz and racketboy for a few years and also just joined Nintendo Age.  :redcart:

RetroGamerTMD

Why hello there everyone!

My name here is RetroGamerTMD, but on Sega-16 I'm known as 16-bit, and a whole lot of other places as 16bitfromSega16. I've chosen this ALIAS here because to me it sounds better.

I've been interested in the Famicom for a while, and I finally got an AV Famicom and a Disk System recently and whilst I don't have many games as of yet, I'm really enjoying the system so far. Hoping to do an S-video mod on it eventually  :help:

JC